View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 10:48 PM
yes - but Bruno loves to fight with the OH - they have great fights - and the noises that bruno makes - you would think that he is being murdered or wants to do that to OH !!

The best thing is when you roll him onto his back - his legs go in the air like a beetle and you put your hand round his throat and he immediately starts to make really funny noises - as soon as u take ur hand away he tries to get you to keep doing it - he is so funny.

he doesnt do or try to start it with anyone else tho - only with me and oh.

must video it one day as so funny !!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I love to play fight with my dogs! Although Pickles is so little I worry about hurting him! Plus he's not over keen, usually ends up coughing and I don't want his heart to pack in!

Woody on the other hand loves it! His favourite is when he roles on his back and you have to pretend to strangle him! He also has tickly armpits!
The weirdest thing is when you play with him indoors his bite inhibtion is perfect, but outside he just lays into you!

My last dog used to have a thing about socks, even when you were wearing them. If she got too excited she'd grab your socks while you were still wearing them and drag you across the kitchen floor! I've never laughed so much in my life! (I was only a kid if you were wondering about her amazing feat!)
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Teagan prefers to fight with my OH, as he is stronger and rougher than me!
She's so funny! She kicks so much with her legs!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Jas loved to play fight with OH but not so much with me, he'd just automatically roll over on his back. Jas' fave was to be on his back, OH having hold of his collar and making him slide across the room, Jas' tail would be going hell fo leather and when he got up he'd come charging back with that huge staffie smile and laffing.

Tam1 didn't like rough play unless it was with Jas and Tam2 loved to play wrestle with me, she loved it, she'd have bum in air, tail wagging and bark
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2005, 09:39 AM
of course i do with my pair, Florrie is the worst such a powerfull bite and she never ever lets go but then Polly is just very quick
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 09:49 AM
I dont do it with mine, having 4 large dogs it can get a bit out of hand, so I avoid it, in fact I dont think I have ever play fought with any of my dogs over the years,

mo
Bubba
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Buster loves to play fight with my hubby. They have a real rough and tumble all round the living room. They have a fantastic time, even though the noise would make you think Buster is killing someone, and things get broken, knocked over and generally disrupted. They are so funny to watch.

He won't play with me (thank goodness, I've seen hubby's bruises in the morning). Because I am disabled, he seems to know that he can't jump around and play with me, as I am not well. But he will play a gentler version of tug the toy with me .

I will post some pics of them playing on the "your dog pictures" forum later.

hugglies
Bubba
presley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2005, 10:07 AM
I don't think that I will with Presley because of James being so young and terrorising him. I wouldn't want to coax him into 'play fighting' with James.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2005, 12:34 PM
I never play fight with Jake and probably never will do with any others I may own in future. I prefer playing with them in other ways flyball, frisbee, agility etc.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Yep, we sometimes have a fight. Usually when Jake is in a silly mood, I'll go "Right, you asked for it!" and give him a good old wrestle!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >