Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Tutuni looks more like a czech cross to me as opposed to an Inuit.

Are these supposed to be from the same place?
Just had a look. I hope those two get rehomed together, it sounds like they are good friends xxxxxx
Reb
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure what you mean Tupacs?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i havnt looked but its believed these dogs may be of bred by a certain kennel...sold on as pups to wherever they have come from now
Have false claims been made against a 'particular' kennel, ref previous comments? (not by you). Just trying to clarify the situation, in my mind. It sounds like you know more than most of us on here about this.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Have been watching certain breeders for past two or three years, behaviourists etc regarding certain breed/s and have to admit am becoming very disillustioned(sp) as to what is going on regarding as such(no offense to any one). Surely anyone that loves n cares about dogs would not have them in their lives as a money making venture or means of income. Am in turmoil tbh
sodapyp
New Member!
Female 

18-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi

I just registered in order to post on this thread. I live not far from Many Tears and offered a permanent home for Sioux, I have a 13 year old GSD girl who lost her sister a month ago so was looking for an older girl companion for her and I fell in love with Sioux. I was shown around the dogs and took my GSD girl with me in case we had the opportunity to meet a new friend. I advised that I have two Siamese cats (Siamese are very dog savvy for those who do not know the breed, they are completely unlike other cats) and was at the time of being shown around advised that this was not a problem. However, once I filled in my application for Sioux I was telephoned and told that she would be no good with cats and given all sorts of excuses as to why I should not be able to home her or any of the Inuits full stop. This was all done without coming out to see the set up I have to offer or anything else. I am very upset about this obviously. If it had said she was not good with cats on the website (it still doesn't) or I had been told this when I was there fair enough, but I feel that this is being used an excuse. Obviously I feel it is a good thing that suitability checks are made but there were a fair few dogs there that had been returned for various reasons so they obviously do not always get it right. I an most upset for Sioux as I could have offered a very loving and secure forever home and now she remains stuck in kennels. They don't always get it right
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by sodapyp View Post
Hi

I just registered in order to post on this thread. I live not far from Many Tears and offered a permanent home for Sioux, I have a 13 year old GSD girl who lost her sister a month ago so was looking for an older girl companion for her and I fell in love with Sioux. I was shown around the dogs and took my GSD girl with me in case we had the opportunity to meet a new friend. I advised that I have two Siamese cats (Siamese are very dog savvy for those who do not know the breed, they are completely unlike other cats) and was at the time of being shown around advised that this was not a problem. However, once I filled in my application for Sioux I was telephoned and told that she would be no good with cats and given all sorts of excuses as to why I should not be able to home her or any of the Inuits full stop. This was all done without coming out to see the set up I have to offer or anything else. I am very upset about this obviously. If it had said she was not good with cats on the website (it still doesn't) or I had been told this when I was there fair enough, but I feel that this is being used an excuse. Obviously I feel it is a good thing that suitability checks are made but there were a fair few dogs there that had been returned for various reasons so they obviously do not always get it right. I an most upset for Sioux as I could have offered a very loving and secure forever home and now she remains stuck in kennels. They don't always get it right
To be fair - I think they are finding out more and more about these guys as they get to know them.

Possibly they have now discovered that they were possibly not used to cats? A dog with a potentially high prey drive could be fatal in your situation.

I am sorry you cannot adopt them, but they will just be doing what they feel best.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I know this is a slight hijack but i cant pm sodapyp till 20 posts,
If she comes back I saw this gsd girl in wales ..
http://www.dogsblog.com/misty-29/
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I know this is a slight hijack but i cant pm sodapyp till 20 posts,
If she comes back I saw this gsd girl in wales ..
http://www.dogsblog.com/misty-29/
Also check out
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=139666
about someone wanting to rehome their Inuit bitch.
Cheyenne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Im wondering that if these dogs did come from penny directly or indirectly, could it be possible that the reason is because her rescue kennel was already full (not uncommon with rescue kennels)? so she did what she could by finding them a place in a rescue kennel that DID have room? Just a thought
sodapyp
New Member!
Female 

19-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the links, however the GSD is stated as not good with cats and it would seem the Inuit owners are trying again and have temporarily put off rehoming

I know Many Tears are trying to do what is right for the dogs and off course I don't hold this against them as it is a good thing, I just think that they could have looked at my set up and experience before writing me off. I have had GSDs for more than twenty years and one of my girls was also not good with cats but she eventually got the hang of it, it takes patience and never compromising the cats safety! I am home all day so could have spent the time Sioux needed, I'm just upset because when I visited they were very keen on me having her and they knew I had cats then so I feel like they have messed me about a bit.

I may have found a suitable GSD girl, Missy and I are going to meet her this afternoon - I will let you know how we get on
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >