View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Thank you to everyone, alot more peaceful now.

Reah is such a distiguishrd looking dog that if somene took her they woud have to keep her indoors anyway, I think most people round here know her name, we still have people who remember her from in the papers and on televison I doubt they would (if they were looking for a pet) be able to keep her round these parts, everyone knows her
I am more leaning towards the ''scam'' bit to be honest...take dog and return her for a reward

I think it is a good idea re posting posters warning people though I will post something in the shop windows, that will hopefully give them the '''''lay off my dog'''' idea

From now on all ''people'' will be watched, it goes to show we trust our dogs as they just lie there whenever we are out there, yet I can not trust the humans so front door will remain shut now with dogs on the inside

Thank you all for your kind support and wishes.....Reah is snoring on the settee
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 03:06 AM
That is beyond scary, disgusting, devious and underhanded! Poor Reah! Poor you! The gall of some people, and those kids being brought up that its okay to scam people and steal dogs.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
what possible reason would they want to take a old dog off for??????????????

Really has shook me up
Ransom.......

What a ghastly experience, Steph.... big hugs to you x0x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
That is beyond scary, disgusting, devious and underhanded! Poor Reah! Poor you! The gall of some people, and those kids being brought up that its okay to scam people and steal dogs.
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Ransom.......

What a ghastly experience, Steph.... big hugs to you x0x0x
Thank you both, yea Ransom indeed.
I know of a fair few scams going on with people using babies (human ones) in thier arms on the Coventry Road (Police have warned people about it).....asking for money as the '''baby is hungry''', so if they will stoop that low they will stoop to any levels.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 07:50 AM
OMG, I can't believe what I've read...some people will do anything...if that woman is raising her kids to steal someones dog...whatever will they end up like as adults?

So pleased you had your wits about you Steph xxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Thank you both, yea Ransom indeed.
I know of a fair few scams going on with people using babies (human ones) in thier arms on the Coventry Road (Police have warned people about it).....asking for money as the '''baby is hungry''', so if they will stoop that low they will stoop to any levels.
So sorry to hear what happened. Glad Reah is still with you and unharmed. what she would ahve gone through if that by had succeededd doesn't bear thinking about.

Ass they just disappeared, do you think maybe they live nearby? Or maybe know someone who does and went into their house? Maybe that's why Pat couldn't see/find them afterwards.

I've been on the receiving end of those beggin with babies on the Cov Road. If you say no politely they bother you even more. If you tell them where to go "properly" then you get a mouthful of abuse back. Either way, you can't win with scum like that.

Unfortunately now your dogs can't enjoy beign out the front of the house with you unless they're glued to you. It's not fair that they should go without or that you should change your routine to suit these morons but defintieyl better safe than sorry.

Laura xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh, that must have been terrifying! I personally think they wanted to hold her to ransom. Knowing her age, they will maybe thinking you will be more bonded with her after having her so long (them assuming you got her as a pup) so therefore more likely to pay for her return. Im glad you noticed them, and what a thing to teach children! That its ok to steal dogs
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
So sorry to hear what happened. Glad Reah is still with you and unharmed. what she would ahve gone through if that by had succeededd doesn't bear thinking about.

Ass they just disappeared, do you think maybe they live nearby? Or maybe know someone who does and went into their house? Maybe that's why Pat couldn't see/find them afterwards.

I've been on the receiving end of those beggin with babies on the Cov Road. If you say no politely they bother you even more. If you tell them where to go "properly" then you get a mouthful of abuse back. Either way, you can't win with scum like that.

Unfortunately now your dogs can't enjoy beign out the front of the house with you unless they're glued to you. It's not fair that they should go without or that you should change your routine to suit these morons but defintieyl better safe than sorry.

Laura xx
I think nw, Pat (in his defence) was busy assuming they were down by the island, when I think as there are pockets here of un- desireables, they could of just nipped/visited one of those houses or just went up somone's driveway at the side of a house nd he just didn't look
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, that must have been terrifying! I personally think they wanted to hold her to ransom. Knowing her age, they will maybe thinking you will be more bonded with her after having her so long (them assuming you got her as a pup) so therefore more likely to pay for her return. Im glad you noticed them, and what a thing to teach children! That its ok to steal dogs
Thats what I was thinking, it could prove to be a productive scam, moneywise
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Is so bad that someone would do such a thing i surpose to sell them but how awfull when there like children to us
LillyRose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I would suggest (if you've not already) to have on her ID tags that she's chipped and spayed.I understand if she isn't but this may put them off at first sight.Just a thought...

I can only others echo what others have said.I too would be in shock and as Katie said, how can they? And having the boy do it? *shivers*

Glad you're feeling a little bit better and I too am a "what if" thinker.I did chuckle at the thought of Reah sock on-typical
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >