View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:31 AM
couldnt get on with the canny collar dont like buckles so much easier to clip on with the black dog also i have found it best as it dosent move ie upto the eyes oh and once on they cant rub it to get it off!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:37 AM
The Black Dog Infin8 pulls from behind similar to the Canny Collar (but totally different design), the Black Dog Training Collar is similar to the Halti, Dogmatic, or Gentle Leader (again totally different design), it pulls from under the jaw. For lunging dogs, I was recommended the Training Collar, NOT the Infin8
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
No it is not, the Canny collar is far more complicated and fastens in a different place and works differently.
I said it was "similar"..Looks similar to the two canny collars I have..by similar I mean it has the strap over the nose but its clipped from behind..BOTH do that..
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hijack Sara, but I didn't want to start a new thread...

Do I get one?

I bought a dogmatic and despite it being the right measurement - it still didn't fit Louie so after Sara and Tabitha had great successes with the Black dog head collar - do I get one?

Are they easy to fit? Are they comfy for a dog who hates his muzzle put in anything - no matter how much food is given to him, how much play he gets wearing one, +R.. etc?

Which size would I get for him? Which one is best? the Infin8 or the training collar?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Give it a shot! Oliver is doing AMAZING with it! It fits easily, is extremely adjustable, very light weight, and made from very comfortable material. I have no experience with the Infin8, but was told by someone who does, that it's not nearly as successful with her dogs. I bought the training collar. and I'm so very glad I did!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 10:24 PM
We've been using the Black Dog halter for about two weeks now - have to say that Dex walks beautifully with this. Far better than any other headcollar I've tried - and I've tried a fair few

One query for those of you also using this: how do you ensure that the black 'lace' type parts at the sides don't get too tight??

That's the only slight problem I've had but even with this, Dex still seems happier wearing the Black Dog than any other headcollar.

Huge thanks to SARA&SCOUT for taking the time and trouble to recommend this headcollar in the first place!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I am ordering one now I'll let you guys know how it is - are they good for dogs that don't like things on their face?

Tabitha - does it fit Dex properly - I think we have the same problem with the noseband and odd dogs that don't fit what they're supposed to
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
We've been using the Black Dog halter for about two weeks now - have to say that Dex walks beautifully with this. Far better than any other headcollar I've tried - and I've tried a fair few

One query for those of you also using this: how do you ensure that the black 'lace' type parts at the sides don't get too tight??

That's the only slight problem I've had but even with this, Dex still seems happier wearing the Black Dog than any other headcollar.

Huge thanks to SARA&SCOUT for taking the time and trouble to recommend this headcollar in the first place!

You're welcome

I dont have that issue, but then, Oliver does not pull at all wearing it, but I do like that it'll tighten up when he lunges at another dog or person, if I get surprised (though I have never been surprised, there is a chance my hypervigalence will miss something)

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I am ordering one now I'll let you guys know how it is - are they good for dogs that don't like things on their face?

Tabitha - does it fit Dex properly - I think we have the same problem with the noseband and odd dogs that don't fit what they're supposed to
they are extremely adjustable. Oliver has an odd shape to him as well, and it fits just fine. By design, they'll fit any shape head in their size catagory.

Oliver HATES anything on his face, but pretty much ignores the Black dog... Not saying Louie'll be the same, but...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
they are extremely adjustable. Oliver has an odd shape to him as well, and it fits just fine. By design, they'll fit any shape head in their size catagory.

Oliver HATES anything on his face, but pretty much ignores the Black dog... Not saying Louie'll be the same, but...
well he hates the halti - it rides up and his dogmatic not only didn't fit, but it was too heavy and bulky - he could see it so something lightweight but usuable for a 25Kg dog would be lovely.

I was ordering it - then realised my card was in OH's wallet! Doh!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2