View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DenisaC
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2012, 02:17 AM
I did a lot of work the first two months. It was worth it. My dog is very friendly and he didn't destroy house things. I love him !
Muster
New Member!
Female 

23-08-2014, 07:49 AM
My tip for puppies is: Gently play with puppy's toes during cuddles for weeks before you try to clip his nails & have a few little practice clips (don't remove much (or any) nail for a while. Nail clipping is not an issue with my girls because they were well used to their nails and feet being handled before we used the clippers. They get a little treat for each nail.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2014, 04:40 PM
We only adopted adults so no puppy advice but when you get any age dog try to plan it during a time when you'll have at least a week or so to be with him or her as much as possible.
Some people lead the dog by leash with them but I just let the new dog follow me to bedroom, bathroom, yard, kitchen. At the end of the week they've bonded with you enough to know the smells of the house and what to expect.
I would also say the first time you go out, leave a shirt or other item of clothing where the dog can smell you and settle down with it till you return.

Cautions to the above advice-
Some dogs do chew and destroy and obviously need training to prevent it.
Some dogs even as adults need to be housebroken, even if they are housebroken expect a few accidents.
Some dogs will try to eat a sock or shirt with your scent plan accordingly.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3