Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:07 PM

hair repair advice

i foolishly had my hair permed to day , i have had long straight hair for 2 years now and i wanted a change so i had it permed i hated it i looked like an afro so i got the straighteners out , except now my hair is just above my shoulders and the perm stuff has turned my hair a bit ginger , it is so dry tomorrow i need to get a intense repair , what ones work there are so many
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:09 PM
if your hair was done today wash it about 5 times and well condition it ...the perm should loosen quicly
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:39 PM
i have been i look like a scarecrow its so dry and feels like straw
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:47 PM
tons of conditioner leave it on towelled dried hair
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Hello. My hair is naturally really curly and also very dry and frizzy. I've been using John Frieda Frizz Ease products for years. There's mousse, hairspray, shampoo, conditioner etc, and also deep conditioning treatments. The serum is excellent too, transforms my frizzy brillo pad into smooth shiny silk! I don't think I could live without the mousse and serum, I'd scare everyone too much!
willow_pheonix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:51 PM
My sister swears by vitapoint leave in conditioner, she has very curly hair that goe's frizzy at the slightest bit of water. Olive oil, egg yolks and mayonaise are all supposed to be good conditioners, but if you use egg or mayo, wash it out with cool water or the egg will cook in your hair
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
i dont even wanna go out i love my hair or i did that will teach me never again i dont wanna think what it will be like in the morning
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by willow_pheonix
My sister swears by vitapoint leave in conditioner, she has very curly hair that goe's frizzy at the slightest bit of water. Olive oil, egg yolks and mayonaise are all supposed to be good conditioners, but if you use egg or mayo, wash it out with cool water or the egg will cook in your hair
olive oil , eggs sounds like a fry up any thing is worth a go thanks
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 08:14 PM
wash your hair and put on conditioner....dont rinse out! wrap your hair in a warm towel of the radiator and leave on for about an hour...that should help soften it a bit,, keep doing this and it should soften up.....
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Whatever you do, make sure you condition it loads. I had a perm which I regretted a few years ago (NEVER again). A section of my hair at the back snapped off and it took ages to grow. Looked like I had a mushroom stuck on the back of my head for ages.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >