Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Help With Mouse

Help!!!! It is driving me nuts. A little while ago, I dont know if you remember I was having trouble with my mouse not working and my computer not closing down properly. It was suggested that a buy a USB mouse as my other one was a PS2. It worked brilliantly when I first got it. Now it keeps double clicking on things, When I click on internet explorer I have about 4 googles appear, if I want to go back on the the previous page to which I am on, it wipes off the whole thing if I open up emails if collects them in the bottom tray, it is driving me mad, any suggestions please. Do you think it is my mouse or computer. My OS is windows xp
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi,

Sorry I can't help, to be honest I don't think the problem is the mouse (well not all the time), have you done a virus scan on your computer? You may have something lurking. But wait and see if anyone else has any ideas.

Ian
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 09:25 AM
You know I have no idea really - but could it be anything to do with the speed of your mouse ?? i.e slow it down. Leo is normally brilliant with tech stuff - good luck
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I tried the mouse speed thing, and I do have a virus detector, and hopefully nothing is lurking in there, but we shall see, will wait for the experts lol
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2007, 10:08 AM
What type of mouse you using? (Manufacture)

First i would uninstall the mouse and then reboot you system should find the mouse when it boots up and install new drivers for it.

In some cases but not all it's best to use the mouse drivers that came with your mouse.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
What type of mouse you using? (Manufacture)

First i would uninstall the mouse and then reboot you system should find the mouse when it boots up and install new drivers for it.

In some cases but not all it's best to use the mouse drivers that came with your mouse.

My mouse (brand name) is PC Line which I bought in PC World, I bought a cheap one at the time, because I did not know if it was going to work because I was having mouse problems there was no software with it, it just came in a packet on its own. I will try unplugging it and then rebooting to see what happens.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2007, 10:42 AM
If the reboot don't sort it out then try see if theres any updates on microsofts update site for your mouse.

You should be able to get drivers for your mouse what model is it that you got if it's got one that is and i'll see if i can track them down for you.

Sometimes USB mouses come with a PS2 connection try that if it came with one see if the stops the problem.
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
Help!!!! It is driving me nuts. A little while ago, I dont know if you remember I was having trouble with my mouse not working and my computer not closing down properly. It was suggested that a buy a USB mouse as my other one was a PS2. It worked brilliantly when I first got it. Now it keeps double clicking on things, When I click on internet explorer I have about 4 googles appear, if I want to go back on the the previous page to which I am on, it wipes off the whole thing if I open up emails if collects them in the bottom tray, it is driving me mad, any suggestions please. Do you think it is my mouse or computer. My OS is windows xp
Hi Katiecoos. Is your mouse a wireless one? if so, try changing the batteries. If it's a corded one then try plugging it into a differant USB port.

There could be dirt or something else stuck inside it, try opening it up and cleaning it.

Failing that if it was only a couple of £ then buy another one, and if it works then maybe you should buy one a little more expensive from Logitech or Microsoft that should be more reliable and last a bit longer.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I hope you can sort it Katies I have no idea about computers they puzzle me greatly
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2007, 01:11 PM
You wont believe this, unplugged mouse, switched off, rebooted and guess what both mice are working, my origianl PS2 mouse which hasnt been working for weeks has suddenly decided to work, the other one (USB is working but is still double clicking. I dare not switch off for the rest of the day, because I know that I will lose my original mouse again because this is what has happened before, when we switch off we lose the mouse and it is so nice having a fully operational mouse at the moment. Will let you know how things develope Leo. At the moment my brother inlaw says I should save all my settings on to DVD and reload windows, because he thinks the mouse driver is not working and if that doesnt work then possibly we have trouble with the motherboard. We have had so many problems with our PC lately, I do wonder if it is on its way out.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >