View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Can anyone tell me what the law is regarding fireworks?
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Think this will tell you the law?

http://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/enviro...worknewleg.htm

Mo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 06:54 PM
It's pouring with rain outside, it's 10 to 7 on a SUNDAY night, and some blithering idiots are letting off fireworks outside!!!!!! Errrr why????

Luckily because I don't have my old Cassie anymore, I don't have a problem, but there are other people who do have a BIG problem with their dogs, I know coz I've been there and it's just not fair!!!! Ban them for good! They're explosions and we are not allowed to set off explosive devices in public places - or maybe we ARE then????? Tcht!!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
Think this will tell you the law?

http://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/enviro...worknewleg.htm

Mo
Thanks Mo. I will have my stopwatch set to 11 p.m then.
Vawny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Yesterday, we took murphy to the park and not 2 seconds after we let him off the leash some ******* let off a LOAD of fireworks outside one of the park enterances. Suffice to say, we clipped him straight back on and promptly left. The poor mite loves that park, and THATS not even safe at this stupid time of the year. Grrr!!!
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Have to say this is one time of year i hate ,i truly think fireworks should only be sold and used at organised ,professional bonfires they always start too early and go on way past guy fawkes !!!!!!!!!!!!!,and before that we have to get thro halloween nightmare
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Fudge now waits for the fireworks.Last week she was a relaxed dog who was perky and playful. Two days home from hols and once it gets dark she changes in nature completely. She seems to associate the darkness and the curtains being closed with the onset of the dreaded fireworks.Last night she was really on edge for about 2 hours, we ended up making her a den. Finally the fireworks came and lasted on and off until 1 a.m. I`m really hoping that this will pass once the fireworks have all finished.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2007, 01:27 PM
I really can sympathise with you Fudgeley, my Cassie was a total quiverring wreck when we had fireworks. A den is a brilliant idea, coz for some reason they want to hide underneath something or in the bathroom don't they? Cassie liked her new place under the stairs, and I put a duvet cover over the front so she could be under there in the dark, it helped a bit, not a lot, but it gave her a sanctuary.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I really can sympathise with you Fudgeley, my Cassie was a total quiverring wreck when we had fireworks. A den is a brilliant idea, coz for some reason they want to hide underneath something or in the bathroom don't they? Cassie liked her new place under the stairs, and I put a duvet cover over the front so she could be under there in the dark, it helped a bit, not a lot, but it gave her a sanctuary.
We have her travel crate set up in our room with a duvet over it, a hidey hole in the lounge with blankets etc and all her normal beds. I think visitors must think we have about 7 dogs!!

we also have DAP spray, DAP collar, valerian compound and valerian and skullcap tablets.

I`m really looking forward to the end of firework season!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2007, 02:33 PM
My dogs never used to worry about fireworks until 2005, when Rosie was pregnant with the litter that our Lily came from - she's now 9.1/2 years old, that year she was petrified and every year since it's been the same, an absolute nightmare, last night, pouring with rain, fireworks were going off all over the place, until after midnight, once Rosie starts barking it sets the rest off, I did apologise to the neighbours this morning and warned them that this will probably go on a while longer yet, it drives me mad!! I think the sooner they are banned the better.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >