View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 04:20 PM

7 months old male puppy urinating in the house.

hi i need some advice, one of my pups shady(was timmy) has started to wee inside the house, his owner said she has had no problems up to a week ago when he started to wee all over, ive never had a male pup is this normal behaviour
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Have they taken the pup to the Vet alongwith a urine sample to have him checked out? He may have a UTI? How old is the pup?
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 05:40 PM
he is 7 months old
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Could he be marking?
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Is there a bitch in season anywhere around him? Can cause males to do this also
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I would have a vet check him over, as Abbey said it could be a urinary tract infection.... Either that or he is marking
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-12-2005, 07:03 PM
If he is only 7m old, and he has been clean up until now, it depends on where they are finding the pee..if he is standing up having been snoozing and there is a puddle or, he is dribbling then it could be that he has an infection, if he is going around sniffing or remarking where he has been before, then i doubt its a medical problem. Tell the owner to clean the areas where he has peed with biological washing powder mixed in warm water as this will 'eat' the odour and discourage him from going back to that spot. Sometimes in male dogs at the beginning of puberty we see them with a similiar problem, which generally with re-training can be helped. A DAP dispenser may help if the peeing is stress related.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2006, 06:55 PM
my ella started weeing in the house when i moved , the vet said she was upset and unsettled [ althou this lasted nearly 2 years on and off ] so i got a huge dog flap and touch wood she been fine if that any help