Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Grandfather may have a new dog

As some of you know my grandfather lost his last dog Millie a few months ago to kidney failure, he only had her a few months, he rehomed her at the start of the new year.
He was very upset and stopped eating so we decided to get him a new companion.
My dads friend offered her dog, a German Shepherd bitch, to my grandfather before he got Millie, but they changed their mind at the last minute. They were going on holiday last week and my dad mentioned my grandfather was looking for another dog, so she basically told him to come and get her dog, if my grandfather got on with her for the week they were away he could keep her.
It's been 2 weeks now and according to my parents they are getting on well (I haven't been to meet her at my grandfathers yet but I have met her before).
She is called Bella, she is about 8 or 9, a German Shepherd, and apparently takes her ball to my grandfather on his chair so he can throw it and then she take sit back to him, she licks people now (I don't think she was allowed to lick before) and rolls onto her back for a belly rub which I don't think she has ever done. She is also shedding like mad as she was kept outside for the majority of the time and has made herself comfy on the sofa and my aunts bed.
Apparently he used to have a German Shepherd bitch when he was a boy and he adored her but his father sold her, and Bella reminds him or her, so he is happy
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 09:42 AM
That's a really nice story, except for losing his dog, but hopefully this will make him happy again.

Hope it all goes well.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Thats fantastic. I hope your grandfather and is new mate are very happy together
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 10:00 AM
I didn't/don't want to be counting my chickens too soon, as I had a feeling they would come back from holiday and want her back, but she has phoned to check up on her a few times and says they are missing her but think she will be better off with my grandfather, so fingers crossed she is staying.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I will cross my fingers and my toes, eyes too if it will help.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Thats fantastic news. Sounds like they've found each other at the right time. I hope the previous owners dont decide they want her back. She's deffinatley found her soulmate in your grandad!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Thats great news! I remember you telling us about his girly and she is much better off with your grandad. Will be keeping everything crossed that they leave her with him now.