Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:19 PM

Chase bowing in discomfort :(

We went for a lovely run yesterday with Chase, he had a great time Chasing the ball and running around with the kids, he was fine all evening. Then we came downstairs this morning and he'd been sick 6 times, he seemed very timid but still went out in the back garden, came back in and started sort of play bowing but not trying to play at all, obviously he was uncomfortable. He had a little bit of food, but hardly anything at all, and hasn't had a drink all morning or afternoon.

He's constantly either play bowing (not to play) or lying on my feet, but then stands up and wanders around again, when lying down he lies on his back but then it hurts him. He isn't right at all, he even growled at Rachy first thing this morning (Chase never growls at us.) Storm is growling at him all the time, so obviously he is poorly

Taking him to the vets in an hour, their first appointment for this afternoon so Rachy has to come home early

I hate seeing them poorly and I've never experienced the bowing in pain before
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Poor thing!!! I hope the vet can sort him out quickly
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Poor thing!!! I hope the vet can sort him out quickly
Thank you He's currently in a little ball, not able to sleep or settle properly, my poor baby!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Poor boy.

I don't wish to scare you, but those symptoms sound exactly the same as when my Lab had an intestinal obstruction that had to be surgically removed.

I hope the vets give you an answer. Keep us updated.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Poor boy.

I don't wish to scare you, but those symptoms sound exactly the same as when my Lab had an intestinal obstruction that had to be surgically removed.

Was your lab quietly in pain? I just can't think what he could have eaten..... I hate the fact that I can't do anything aside from smooth him and tell him its ok until we get to the vets shortly

Thank you for your reply, I really do appreciate it x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Poor boy.

I was about to ask the same question as Labradork said......hope the vet gets him sorted hun xxxxxxxxxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Thank you hon, he just seems so so miserable and sore He's always full of beans so this is just horrible, I can't think why he'd be like this at all I was frightened he may have twisted his stomach when we were playing fetch??
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Poor boy.

Just what I was thinking too, that bowing is a sign of real discomfort, same as horses do it with severe colic I don't like dogs curling up in a ball either, coz my breed just doesn't do that unless there's a big problem imo!

Oh good luck at the vets Lorna, keeping everything crossed here, all paws and legs.xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope Chase feels much better after his visit to the vet and it isn't anything too serious.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Thank you hon, he just seems so so miserable and sore He's always full of beans so this is just horrible, I can't think why he'd be like this at all I was frightened he may have twisted his stomach when we were playing fetch??
could of done, it just reminded me of Reah though when she had an obstruction ... the bowing thing. She was very quiet too.

Hopefully it will be something else though maybe he has hurt something....fingers xxxxxxxx let us know how you get on xxxxxxxx
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »