Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 03:00 AM

Yiannis has been attacked.

Hi,

About an hour ago I heard the most horrendous noise from once of the dogs. usually I can distinguish which dog is making the noise but I've never heard anything like this.

I got up to take a look, thinking maybe another dog or animal had got into the neighbours garden and got stuck on the fence - which has happened to cats, squirrels etc.

I went downstairs and Yiannis was half stuck under the gate which had been deliberately (the other dogs couldn't have done it themselves) shut on his neck. He was making the noise - shrieking and crying at the same time.

I unlatched the gate and he ran in. Usually they have access through the back door (like a doggy flap thingy) to outside should they need to go out at night. Then outside the back door is another gate which is always open and bolted in the open position. the gate was bolted but in the closed position from the outside.

I managed to keep the other dogs away from him and checked him over. He's was clearly in a lot of pain but he's more settled now. He has large, deep puncture wounds on his neck and all over his back end - legs, tail, and underneath inbetween where his bits are and his stomach.

I called the emergency vet who went through a boat load of questions and I have an appointment to take him in later this morning. If he deteriorates I can call back and they'll come out straight away; but already he's moving about more and answering to his name again. To begin with he jsut sat still, staring into space. I was worried he may go into shock and I wouldn't know what to do but he doesn't seem to have done so.

I feel the person/people responsible are my immediate neighbours. Nasty ass, ignorant ******s who hate dogs.

Recently, since May I've had a lot of malicious complaints about my dogs. Apparently they bark all night every night (although they'd disturb Oscar and myself before anyone else ), they're being used for dog fighting (which if not so serious would be laughable ), they're living in dirty conditions (although I always clean up after them outside and scrub the patio with bleach 2/3 times a day ) and most recently, they're supposed to have got out and bitten 2 people (I don't think they'd know how! )

I've had visits from the local dog warden at strange times of the day and evening, and at weekends too. I've had no end of letters and 2 visits from the Environmental Department of the Local Authority. I've had a visit (on Oscar's birthday) from the RSPCA.
No doubt each time they've gone back to the complainant to say there's no evidence and they're closing the case. After all, some of the complaints have been whilst we've been away on holiday so the dogs haven't even been here. It's ridiculous.

I'm sick of it. My dogs are in excellent condition, eat better than I do, can come in and out as they please (I mean in and out of the house & garden) and are very friendly with fantastic temperaments. They've not done anything to anyone so why someone would choose to deliberately hurt a 10 month old puppy is beyond me.

I'll be calling the Local Authorty and RSPCA so they can update their records. I'll also be reporting this as criminal damage to the Police. I may even throw in burglary too (if the Police don't mention it first on the crime report) as they've entered my property as a trespasser to commit a further offence (I think this still carries a max. sentence of 14 years).

I'm also going to write a short note to ALL of my immediate neighbours even though I know which ones are responsible. It points out much of what I've said here and that I do hold them responsible - although I realise that it's not relevant to everyone I live near to. I think it's important for everyone who livres near to me to know what sort of scum live in the area.

Anyway rant over before I get upset again. Here are a few piccies of his wounds. He won't roll over for me as he's in pain so it's not possible to see those on his underside.

Yiannis attack 1

Yiannis attack 2

Yiannis attack 3

Yiannis attack 4

Yiannis attack 5

Yiannis attack 5

He's managed to lie down and go to sleep now. He looks so settled but I know he's not really. Any ideas on what else I can do to get some sort of revenge for Yiannis? I've never wished somebody dead before but that's exactly how I'm feeling now.

Laura xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Oh no, that's just awful. Hope he's feeling better soon, hon xxxxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Poor Yiannis, hope he's feeling better soon, but it does look to me like what ever has attacked him has had help. I think you're doing the right thing reporting it etc
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Poor boy and poor you{{{hugs}}} Hope he's soon back to his usual self
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Thats just awful, I hope Yiannis is feeling better. I would report it to the police.

I can understand how you feel murderous.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2009, 06:13 AM
I hope Yiannis is feeling better today. I think you are right to report it.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Oh Laura I'm so sorry to be reading this. I know your Yiannis wouldn't hurt a fly and know your dogs are in fabulous condition and mean the world to you. I agree total scum.

Try to calm yourself down though before you make decisions about what to do except for the police! I can imagine you are beside yourself. Even worse for you that it happened where he should be safe.

PM or text me or ring me if you need to talk or I can help in anyway.

Hope the vets goes ok,

gentle licks for Yiannis from Molly and Dizzy and hugs from me for you and the pup xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 06:32 AM
that is completely shocking. poor boy. you are right to be reporting it to all the authorities. those people are complete s*** for doing that to an animal and making up all those lies.
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Thats awful. Some people have no thought for what they are doing. I hope Yiannis is feeling better today.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 07:26 AM
That is shocking.

I'm glad your telling the police. If people are complaining about the dogs it's good to get this logged. Then at least it shows there are two sides to things. Also if your neighbours see a police car at the door they might think twice about what they're doing.

Is it possible to padlock the gate so no-one could near the dogs?

I feel so sorry poor Yiannis. It must make life miserable living with neighbours like that.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »