View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 04:55 PM
As long as dogs can get in the shade and have water they should take not harm if they are fit. The elderly, unfit and very young may need extra help. If you want to help hose down the path, slabs or concrete if your dogs are in kennels then straw bales on the roof that you hose down twice a day, if the dog is shut inside then a room with tiles is best and you could leave wet vet bed or wet towels on the floor to evaporate will keep the temperature down. Fans will help but make sure they are safe and the dog can't knock them over. Try not to worry if your dogs are fit, they will lay about but that is the best way to cope.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 11:32 AM
lots of fresh clean water should do the trick and like one of the other posts said,, close the blind or curtains to keep out the sunshine

oh and ya can make some homemade ice cubes like i do,, works for my 2,, and they love them
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Looking at what you have all said I actually think my boy takes the heat quite well and the sun doesnt glare in the kitchen so its cool.

He also loves ice cubes too and i do take him swimming every night.

looking forward to getting the paddling pool that should be fun!
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I wet a towel for Dibley to lie on and give him ice cubes seems to keep him chilled!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Have a fan on here, which Loki loves to lie in front of. Also, flavoured ice-cubes are a favourite.

If I was out I would leave him in the coolest room of the house with curtains closed to keep out the sun.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2005, 06:30 PM
All of my windows are open and i half close the curtains on back of house due to being south facing.Also,my patio door is a weird thingy which tilts open from the top (opens normal also!),so with all this-a nice draft blows through and house remains reasonbly cool.

Coolest place though is hallway-which Vegas has recently discovered.Abe always crashed out in there because he hated summers and was a winter dog!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2