Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-07-2007, 03:42 PM

My Degus & Chinchillas

I thought i would introduce you all to my other fur babies besides the dogs, my degus and chinchillas

I'm absolutely mad on degus and run my own website and forum dedicated to them, i also run a small rescue and rehome when and where possible. I've been keeping degus for the last 10 years and wouldn't ever be without my guys. This is just a few of my guys otherwise you would be here all day

Basil

Bertie & Herbie

The Degudini's

Dougal

Ted

Bandit

And this is Daisy and Ralph my two chinnies. I rescued these two last year after researching them for a few years and these two where desperate for a home and i fell in love immediately, i mean how could you not

dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 03:46 PM
wow they are so sweet xxdk
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2007, 06:37 PM
aaaawwww thanks
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Gorgeous, love the one of them all sleeping together.
Love the chinchillas, are they very nocturnal?
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks The chins aren't overly nocturnal not like a hamster is. Every morning they sit and wait for their breakfast (a mini shredded wheat) and if i'm about in the day they will get up and see if i come bearing gifts. They usually wake up about 6pm and bounce around till out of cage play time and then after that they tend to settle down for a while and get up again when everyones in bed, evidence of a good night usually consists of piles of chewed up sticks
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by amethystbelle View Post
Thanks The chins aren't overly nocturnal not like a hamster is. Every morning they sit and wait for their breakfast (a mini shredded wheat) and if i'm about in the day they will get up and see if i come bearing gifts. They usually wake up about 6pm and bounce around till out of cage play time and then after that they tend to settle down for a while and get up again when everyones in bed, evidence of a good night usually consists of piles of chewed up sticks
Ive always wanted chinchillas and took my boys to an interactive farm with babies I was so tempted, had read books ages ago but a bit put off by the nocturnal habits.
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I researched chins for about 5 years and finally took the plunge last year and wouldn't ever be without my pair now they are just so cheeky and funny and are amazing little creatures especially when they are out of the cage as they are so agile (Daisy can run across the wall at high speed when she wants). Chins do sleep in the day but they do get up in the day too, not like a hamster where they go to bed and you don't see them to the following evening. I think average sort of time for most chins to get up is between 5-6pm so not to late really and sometimes its earlier if you are knocking around. I wouldn't let the nocturnal tag put you off at all