Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by cumbriandoglover
what everyone seems to overlook is that many horses are killed or die as a result from an accident every day. I have had a horse drop dead from under me whilst hacking. Likewise we lost a horse last year at a simple one day event because he landed badly & broke his leg. its just a fact that horses being ridden will have accidents & sometimes they are beyond repair & will die & those of us involved with horses try to minimse it, however its ridiculous to point a finger at racing as there are no greater percentages of fatalities there thanin any other equestrian activity.....unless of course you want to see all horse riding banned?
hundreds of people die everyday doing all kinds of things too but if that many people died in a boxing event within 4 days don't you think talk would be the same? No most likely alot worse
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 10:48 PM
i have had horses since i was 12,i have done 3 day eventing etc,never had a serious accident,never in all the time i have had horses have they had to stand waiting for a vet,a horse being cast,most owners know what to do,i myself have helped younger less experienced owners turn a horse or pony,i have helped with colic,have had rescues come down with strangles,never lost one,when cameras are on you you will attend quickly,its what happens behind the scene thats worrying,injured racers get fired through auctions, a fact
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3