View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 01:17 AM
kisses and hugs to you Leos pride as well, must have been awful. what a tragady and you must have been looking so forward to Crufts.
Were all thinking of you here
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Run Free Dolly

We were wondering what all the commotion was about, now I know why
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
It appears that Dolly had a diseased heart valve so nothing anyone could have done about it poor girl. Crufts Officials were apparently useless and told the poor lady she would have to go and get the vet 2 halls away herself leaving her dogs to do so
Becky
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It appears that Dolly had a diseased heart valve so nothing anyone could have done about it poor girl. Crufts Officials were apparently useless and told the poor lady she would have to go and get the vet 2 halls away herself leaving her dogs to do so
Becky
That's terrible!!

Walking around there yesterday and hearing 'can such'n'such a judge get to such'n'such a ring' over and over and over I'm sure they could have called the vet to come without making it clear what was going on
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 12:53 AM
My friend went for help for this dog & help was asked for over the tannoy. A visitor who was a vet stopped to help but could not save the dog. I feel so sorry for her owners.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 01:11 AM
RIP Dolly see you at the bridge
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 10:31 AM
What a sad thing to happen Run free Dolly.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 10:56 AM
how sad. and made worse by the lack of thought by the staff at crufts, my thoughts are with the owners and those who seen it, it must have been heart breaking, poor dog, run free, xxxx
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Aparently the poor lady had to follow the usual proceedings for leaving early aswell...going to the secretary and asking for special permision etc.You'd think in circumstances like this every effort would be made to deal wih the event as quickly and thoughtfully as possible to minimise the effect on everyone.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Crossposted.

I'd like to thank all our friends at Crufts for their help and kindness at Crufts when Dolly collapsed and died so suddenly. Special thanks to Clare the off duty vet who appeared within seconds of hearing Jan's scream for a vet.
She tried hard to help Dolly but the post mortem reveals that she was probably dead before she hit the floor. Also to June and Gary for their practical help in carrying her outside away from the crowds. Tom and Helen for the coffee and moral support. Sorry I can't name all of you individualy but ALL the leo people were wonderful.

To put a few minds at rest, Dolly did not have M or any other hereditary heart problem. She had a diseased valve which was of recent origin and she had shown no signs of ill health. Tissue samples have been sent for analysis and we hope this will clarify the problem but we may never know. It could have been damaged by a viral or bacterial infection that was so mild we never knew she had it. I know people like to have somebody or something to blame for tragedies but there is no blame here except mother nature (again).
No ancestors
from any line carry any blame as the vet who did the post mortem was explicit in the fact that it was NOT hereditary and we need not change our breeding programme.

Thank you again, all of you.

Celia, Jan and Clare
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >