View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I couldn't get online this morning so have only just caught this, how dreadful for the poor people concerned.

Having lost an apparently normal 2 year old English Setter dog myself I can just imagine the questions that are going through their minds, you never, ever get over the shock of losing a youngster like that.

I hope we find out that the poor thing didn't suffer any pain and it was instantaneous, still not nice for the owners but some comfort at least.

My heart really goes out to them.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't think anyone knows why it suddenly died yet But it didn't happen in the ring, it happened at the bench. Yes there was a bit of a 'spat' with another dog, but that wasn't the cause, as far as I know. It did happen not long after - he just collapsed and died It was very sad.

Too upset to say any more.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
d if you can't then don't, you had a shock ring side yesterday and i can imagine the event and feelings around the ring.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Until a autopsy is done know one will now why made me give my 2 a few more cuddles today
You never know how long you have got them for.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 02:28 PM
That's so, so sad

I don't think it is all that strange for a 2 year old to drop like that.. dogs do it, and people do too - I knew of an 18 year old girl who just dropped dead from 'sudden death syndrome'.

A friend of mine's 2 year old collie died at an agility contest (dont' know exactly what happened) so I don't see how the anti-crufts campaign can really use this.
My thoughts are with the owners, what a terrible time they must be having. The dog must have been in good shape to have qualified in the first place
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
A friend of mine had two BC brothers & one simply collapsed & died the vet couldn't find any cause !!

Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
That's so, so sad

I don't think it is all that strange for a 2 year old to drop like that.. dogs do it, and people do too - I knew of an 18 year old girl who just dropped dead from 'sudden death syndrome'.

A friend of mine's 2 year old collie died at an agility contest (dont' know exactly what happened) so I don't see how the anti-crufts campaign can really use this.
My thoughts are with the owners, what a terrible time they must be having. The dog must have been in good shape to have qualified in the first place
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 03:58 PM
How very sad, I hope it was of natural causes at least and not malicious.

Poor owners.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 04:40 PM
How very sad
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
OMG How awful. What a shock for the owners and everyone around that witnessed it. We really do have to treasure every minute we get with them
bullterrier
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Sad to hear this, you can only say it`s one of those things that can`t be explained.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >