Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 06:03 PM

Am I being thick?

Am having trouble with my computer the last 3 days. I am not very computer literate, but will do my best to explain.
You know when you minimise a page and start a new one, such as putting photos from photobucket to Dogweb. You have to flick between them both without closing either down.
My computer is closing the previous page and not storing them on the blue line at bottom of page. It is just closing one and opening the next.
Do you understand what I am waffling about?
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but you will need 2 browsers open to do this such as firefox and internet explorer that way you can just minimize and it will store in the tray for you.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Are you clicking on the X at top right or the _ ???

Clicking on _ will minimise a webpage and once in the systen tray (blue band at the bottom)-just click on the box showing the site you are on to restore.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by sambo
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but you will need 2 browsers open to do this such as firefox and internet explorer that way you can just minimize and it will store in the tray for you.
correct sambo have two browser windows open
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Am clicking the-. I have had no problems doing this in the past, it is only the last 3 days. I havent installed anything different or new!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2005, 07:27 PM
You could try checking your internet explorer browser settings

At the top of your internet explorer you have a tools tab click on that and at the bottom choose the option internet options the click the advanced tab.

Once you have done that in the second section called browsing look for the option Reuse windows for launching shortcuts make sure that it's got a green tick in it save your settings then try it out.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Have just done that! Thankyou! Will give it a go!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 01:11 PM
It seems to be the link between dogweb (or catpages) and photobucket. I am able to store other sites or pages in the blue bar at bottom. Just not these 3! If I try to switch between them, the new one cancels out the other!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
correct sambo have two browser windows open

But you don't need two different browsers do you, I can open Internet Explorer lots of times and have IE windows open more than twice if need be
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Well I am really thick when it comes to computers but I thought you could open unlimited numbers of pages (windows?) at one time...I will explain in terms I can understand myself..people who know about these things explain and half the time I don't know what they are talking about

Ok..so I click on the Internet Explorer blue icon on the bottom task bar,then open Dogweb from 'favourites'
I click on the blue icon again, open 'Photobucket',
I click on the blue icon again ,and search for what I want...Dogweb and PB are still open on the bottom task bar...I can click between them all ...just remember to return to your browser homepage (the blue e icon) each time before opening a new window you can do other things but I will not complicate it
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >