View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-09-2005, 11:15 PM
This is true...I have my satellite receiver so I can see all the local news on ITV regions and BBC local news and so many stories never reach national news bullitins but are just as bad. It just depends which is given priority by the news editor nationally as the same is true of the press.

And of course some do get mentioned and featured nationally.

Is it worse now or did this happen in the past but was less likely to be talked about or given publicity, its hard to say. Certainly alot of this was not talked of in front of children. The media makes it harder these days.

Gildy
derbyrottie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Staffy
That is sad

Unfortunately it is becoming 'the norm' these days and nowhere is safe
I think it must be becoming the norm when a murder of a young girl (only 18 ) only makes page 11 of a national newspaper, all this stuff really scares me especially the ones that happen so close to their homes, i can see my house when i finish work at 11 but i still end up nearly running

Abit off topic sorry - Ive just read the other thread about the kids and the puppy, all this stuff just makes me so anxious and i often wonder if when the time came if it is fair to bring a child into this world. i would quit one of my jobs - the one at the shop - if i wasnt so desperate for money. We have a section 30 here because of the kids not that it does anything - its a nice area always has been but the kids come up here from other areas as the kids round here have money. In Jan there was a robbery on my shift (by a lad who was 15) for drug money but wormed his way out of it as there was not enough evidence, nearly wrecked my finals but went straight back to work as i wasnt going to let these kids drag me down. In the last month i have been threatened to be stabbed by one for refusing them cider, had to call an ambulance for a lad fitting due to drugs and alcohol outside the shop but all his mates ran off laughing and another one for a lad who had been smashed around the head by the newspaper A-frame, the thing is the parents have no idea, we had one in the other week over shoplifting and her mum just said 'i give her enough money i dont see why shes doing it' - that was it the lad she was with has been questioned over a mugging of another kid - like i said its a nice area but it happens everywhere some people just think s**t doesnt happen on their doorstep. Im only 22 myself, not saying i never had a crafty drink down the park but it is so scary to think how things really are escalating especially violence some of these kids have only just gone up to the senior school
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2005, 06:31 AM
That was sad,heard it on the news,we are in Essex and get Anglia news,nearly every week in our local paper someon has been beaten up badly,and a couple of years ago a young lad of 20 was stabbed to death on an estate within walking distance from where we live,My son worked at the local garage at the time I was petrified as they had already been held up and had all the drug users in there ,he was a Deputy Manager and always felt it his duty to step in between the troublemakers and his staff especially as most of them were women.So glad when he left.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 09:29 AM
oh no steve, thats ver sad! be safe x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2