View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2016, 05:14 PM
No, I am not sure of which Authority she is working for but some have regular work forces to carry out the more mundane work not large contract work and I suspect he is one of those.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Goodness, that isn't right at all Moyra....our HA employ their own staff for general jobs but use npower for energy maintenance...gas tests electric checks etc....they do use small companies for garage roofs though. Gosh, imagine being a HA tenant and having crap workmanship provided by them.....you expect quality with big housing providers, mind, you should expect quality with a private land lord too
TW, good to hear Zen was a star
Hi Harvey, how you getting on now? Hope you are feeling ok
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Well, when I mentioned to my landlady that he was not reliable I was told to mind my own business. It was her property and she had the right to employ who she chose to carry out the work! She is a nasty bitch. She knows I was head of Buildings and Equipment Branch at Essex C.C. before I retired so doesn't like my knowledge of the buildings regs. Trouble I have been retired out of that now for too long to be up to date with recent legislation. I am not that worried you just know what is right and wrong.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2016, 06:32 PM
It is gone 7.30 so time I called it a day, been watching Monkey Business again. I am besotted with this set of programmes. Bu I am very tired so I will say goodnight all. God bless.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2016, 06:51 PM
You are paying rent and have every right to expect work to be carried out properly. It is your business in that situation,she needs a hard lesson
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Moyra I a not being nosey here but I imagine as you have said you ae retired and son is in his 50's you are over 60 so would you not be entiitled to councilretirement housing due to your health/age.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi Harvey, how you getting on now? Hope you are feeling ok
Thanks sis Have been fine today, did a bit in the garden and workshop and took Casey & Lara to the river (There were sheep in the field on the other side of the river but neither Casey or Lara were the slighest bit interested.)

The 24 hour BP monitor was good Doc was happy with results but she's put me down for a 24 hour ECG monitor, don't know when but hope I can still walk the dogs and do things with all those wires stuck to me

By the way I'm with you on phone calls, if you ring someone most people would expect to complete the conversation and not be cut off because the other party wants to watch a film.

I used to get mad when working and the person I called would say "Oh there's another call comming in I'll call you back" that (to me) is like saying this other person is more important than you. I used to switch my phone off so they could not call me back, even if it was my boss I did that Probably explains why I never got promotion
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Good morning all, hope you don't mind me having my breakfast
Great picture, Lara loves squirels, she runs around in the forrest looking up all the trees and getting really excited Just for the record she hasn't caught one.............yet

Best wishes to all, goodnight, sweet dreams
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Mine can never work out where they have gone when they disappear into the trees and run round like loonies looking upwards
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3