Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Both his breeder and myself knew about his tail I'm not stupid or blind and neither is she. She is my friend and she certainly wouldn't tell me it was a break if it wasn't. Antway I saw tis dog when he was little and picked up my Willow they were foster brothers.
I wasnt implying either, just asking a question, I dont know how well you know the breeder do I? Id lay money on it being a kink, its absolutely classic. He would be in considerable pain if it were a break.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I wasnt implying either, just asking a question, I dont know how well you know the breeder do I? Id lay money on it being a kink, its absolutely classic. He would be in considerable pain if it were a break.
As I have already said the break occured when he was attacked by another dog. He was treated by the vet and knowing what his other injuries were I would imagine his tail hardly hurt. I'm not saying it didn't but I no he would have been in more pain from the other injuries he recieved than his tail. I am not going into details of his other injuries surfice to say they would have been very very painful.

First and formost he is a pet and if he does nothing in the ring then so be it. He came to us to be with his foster brother as they are very close and missed each other.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Not much competion in iggies classes there aren't many of them being shown.
I dont know the normal class size but I wouldnt spend money showing a dog (we know its not cheap) that had such a fault, Its more than likely their will be better in the classes. Kink or break its still visable, and shouldnt be there! Its your money thought and up to you - if you do good luck Helen, just not something I would do.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I dont know the normal class size but I wouldnt spend money showing a dog (we know its not cheap) that had such a fault, Its more than likely their will be better in the classes. Kink or break its still visable, and shouldnt be there! Its your money thought and up to you - if you do good luck Helen, just not something I would do.
My money my dogI I choose towaste money showing him the I will.
I show my whippet who does have a kink in his tail and he does well so why should I not show a dog in a breed that has very small classes?

At one show in iggies the judge with held plaings in one class from some bitches that have apparently done wellin the ring but placed a bitch that I have been told had obvious faults and having read the judges critique had a darn sight worse faults than a kinky tail.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Well if you are happy thinking its a break then thats up to you. It looks like a kink to me, seen loads, if you want to show him do, I would say you wouldnt do any good though. Id stick to open shows to start with, then if he does well, do champ shows. Only saying that because as you know its an expensive game, if he does no good at open level and you think its the tail that stops him, then its saving your money.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well if you are happy thinking its a break then thats up to you. It looks like a kink to me, seen loads, if you want to show him do, I would say you wouldnt do any good though. Id stick to open shows to start with, then if he does well, do champ shows. Only saying that because as you know its an expensive game, if he does no good at open level and you think its the tail that stops him, then its saving your money.
As I keep saying I show a whippet that has an obvious kink in his tail and his is a kink in classes of 30 and more and its never gone against him why should it go against a dog in a small minority breed.

I have known this dog since the day he was born and his breeder is my best friend why would she tell me he had broken his tail if he hadn't.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:43 PM
I show my whippet who does have a kink in his tail and he does well so why should I not show a dog in a breed that has very small classes?

At one show in iggies the judge with held plaings in one class from some bitches that have apparently done wellin the ring but placed a bitch that I have been told had obvious faults and having read the judges critique had a darn sight worse faults than a kinky tail.
Please don't think we are criticising, you did ask our opinion and we are trying to be honest.

As a judge it would be obvious to me and I expect it would to many others too.

People show dogs with all kinds of faults, and some do very well with them despite the fault. If you do decide to go ahead and show him, (and he is very cute), I wish you all the very best with him
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:45 PM

I never said you shouldnt, just said I wouldnt - I even said good luck if you decide to Of course there will be dogs with other faults and if people to wish to show them that is up to them - no dog is perfect but some faults I see as worse than others, for one I wouldnt show a CC with light eyes. It doesnt affect me if others show dogs with such faults mind I just personally wouldnt enter the ring with a dog with such a fault or a damaged tail.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Please don't think we are criticising, you did ask our opinion and we are trying to be honest.

As a judge it would be obvious to me and I expect it would to many others too.

People show dogs with all kinds of faults, and some do very well with them despite the fault. If you do decide to go ahead and show him, (and he is very cute), I wish you all the very best with him
There is no IF I am going to show him.

I show a whippet with a kinky tail and its never gone against him in far bigger classes than Buck will ever go in.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:46 PM
As I keep saying I show a whippet that has an obvious kink in his tail and his is a kink in classes of 30 and more and its never gone against him why should it go against a dog in a small minority breed.

I have known this dog since the day he was born and his breeder is my best friend why would she tell me he had broken his tail if he hadn't.
Then you will have no problem getting the necessary paperwork from her Vet which will eliminate all confusion on the judges part.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »