View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:14 PM
It looks like a kink to me too, my Jamie had something similar and was told if I showed him, he would not be placed very high.
As it turned out it was amputated and they found that the kink was actually a healed up break he suffered as a pup..
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:15 PM
If the tail was broken then I would think a vets note would be wise saying the kink is die to injury not defect ....

However - you can but try .... some judges will proably not like it, others may not notice or be too bothered - it is your money - has the breeder said anything - maybe consult him/her before you put him in the ring!

(I like his outfit!)
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't know I know he went to the vets because of the inuries the other dog did to him but what treatment he had I don't know.

I have just looked on his breeders face book photos and he did not have a kink in his tail in any of them.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
It looks like a kink to me too, my Jamie had something similar and was told if I showed him, he would not be placed very high.
As it turned out it was amputated and they found that the kink was actually a healed up break he suffered as a pup..
Yes, and poor Jamie was in pain with it wasn't he Claire? Thank goodness he belongs to you and you got him sorted out xx

It may be worth you getting it double checked with the vet, Freya, just incase.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:18 PM
I personally wouldnt put the dog in the ring let it be a break or kink - but thats just me, I know not every dog is perfect - but there will be strong competition.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I don't know I know he went to the vets because of the inuries the other dog did to him but what treatment he had I don't know.

I have just looked on his breeders [System edit: site in banned list] photos and he did not have a kink in his tail in any of them.
They are often unnoticeable but "feelable" only, they become more apparent as the dog grows. He would have had his tail at least splinted for weeks, he would have had a lot of pain relief too. Is it possible the breeder didnt know there was a kink, neither did you before you bought him? Or could it be possible the breeder did know and is using the "break" as an excuse?
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
If the tail was broken then I would think a vets note would be wise saying the kink is die to injury not defect ....

However - you can but try .... some judges will proably not like it, others may not notice or be too bothered - it is your money - has the breeder said anything - maybe consult him/her before you put him in the ring!

(I like his outfit!)
I am going to show him his breeder knows that.I have only had him for 6 weeks. As I said it was done at his breeders when one of her other dogs attacked him and he was treated at the vets.

As for not doing very well iggie classes tend to be very small. My whippet has a hooked tail that is much more obvious than that. I have shown him since he was 6 months old and he has always done well. Remember whippets at champ shows can have 30 or more in a class. This year he came 4th in veteran at crufts out of 12 beating 1 multi champion in doing so.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Yes, and poor Jamie was in pain with it wasn't he Claire? Thank goodness he belongs to you and you got him sorted out xx

It may be worth you getting it double checked with the vet, Freya, just incase.
Yes sort of as he got older, the 'kink' worsened, as a pup it didn't bother him, though he hated his tail touched! Then my girlie thug pup kept biting it and holding it and it would bleed and not heal, so we took him to the vet again and she said it was skin over bone and would need to be removed, it was dissected and it was actually a healed up break, done as a tiny puppy .... sadly he needed to have more removed and now only has a tiny rudder, so no show career for my boy...
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I personally wouldnt put the dog in the ring let it be a break or kink - but thats just me, I know not every dog is perfect - but there will be strong competition.
Not much competion in iggies classes there aren't many of them being shown.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
They are often unnoticeable but "feelable" only, they become more apparent as the dog grows. He would have had his tail at least splinted for weeks, he would have had a lot of pain relief too. Is it possible the breeder didnt know there was a kink, neither did you before you bought him? Or could it be possible the breeder did know and is using the "break" as an excuse?
Both his breeder and myself knew about his tail I'm not stupid or blind and neither is she. She is my friend and she certainly wouldn't tell me it was a break if it wasn't. Antway I saw tis dog when he was little and picked up my Willow they were foster brothers.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »