Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Should I be surprised!

Well the last I heard from my Son was they said they would try and pop in today after they had visited DiL Nan................I have text him twice, no reply but he has replied to his Sister because she told me............just me then! Have spent the last 2 hours looking out the window, how sad is that!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Try not to worry! I know it is miserable being on your own Christmas Day!
I have decided I am going away next year for Christmas!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Me too - My Daughter and I intend to definately sort something out, can not go through this again..............
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 12:58 PM
It always feels worse at Christmas!
I usually enjoy being on my own, just not today!
Dad is phoning at some point today to say it is convenient for me to go over! Old Scrooge that he is!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Have had calls from my Sister, Daughter & Neice and have kept very positive and busy done lots of housework and had a lovely bath, washed my hair and changed into 'non doggie' clothes but I knew it would hit me at one point!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Awww Sweep that is such a cruel thing to do and I don't know what your son and daughter-in-law can be thinking of to do such a thing to you I didn't really used to like my mother-in-law when I was married but they always came up to our house on Christmas day and saw the kids right from them being babies (in fact they were at the hospital waiting just outside the labour ward as I was being stitched up after having my first baby - which I thought was a bit annoying because we hadn't really had time on our own with our baby at all at this point ) Could you hubby not have a stern word with your son and tell him that what they are doing is just not on at all - Harrison needs his paternal grandma just as much as his maternal one
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS SWEEP)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well done for keeping positive though
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 02:00 PM
OH never had brill relationship with Son, don't know why, too much alike I think, in fact when my Sister was visiting last she noticed how my Son never even spoke to his Dad all the time they were here.

He has just text to say they will pop in in about 30 mins time, have to pshyc myself up now
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Well that 30 mins turned into over an hour! Still they turned up! Left after half an hour as baby tired as he had had a busy day.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh Sweep - I really feel for you honey - you must feel like drowning yourself in a bottle of wine.......
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
Well that 30 mins turned into over an hour! Still they turned up! Left after half an hour as baby tired as he had had a busy day.

Oooh I'm so sorry Sweep - I honestly don't know how someone could be so cruel as deprive a Grandma of her first grandchild on Christmas day - its cruel I really feel for you I can't imagine going anywhere for 30 minutes and if baby was tired he could have slept in his pram or something couldn't he Their behaviour towards you is despicable and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for this
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >