View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2012, 10:26 PM
As I am going to Champneys in a couple of weeks I wanted to be able to read by the pool etc without risk to my Kindle and so I have invested in one of these (bought my spa buddy one too).

Tested it in the rain and in the bath, works a treat. So if you are thinking of going to the beach, I reckon it would be fine for sand too?

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/23547/e-Reader-Pouch
Beth17
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Well after deliberating for a few months and stating that I love real books too much I have taken the plunge and ordered my kindle last night. It's only the basic model as I figured that was all I needed but I am quite excited now, although I think it could get expensive

I just hope it lives up to the hype for me and I don't regret it
Azz
Administrator
Male 

22-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by Beth17 View Post
Well after deliberating for a few months and stating that I love real books too much I have taken the plunge and ordered my kindle last night. It's only the basic model as I figured that was all I needed but I am quite excited now, although I think it could get expensive

You'll love it
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by louise! View Post
All his Pug series are crap, but his Daughter of the Empire series he did with Janny Wurts is bloody brilliant, definitely worth a read
I read those a while back - great stuff!

Well, I admit to still using the Kindle but only for free books so far. It's a good way of reading stuff I'd probably not necessarily spend money on ... and some of it is by new writers.

I still prefer a 'proper' book. At least the battery doesn't wear out on them when I'm in the car waiting for my daughter's school/swimming/Beavers to finish.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 04:49 PM

I always thought they were a total waste of money, but I now love mine. So much more convenient than a book. I can even read it laying down without my arms aching
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Who wouldn't love a Kindle! SB I take mine to the beach every time I go there and the sand here is v. fine and it's always breezy. So far no probs - I do give it a little hoover over with a hand held thingie when I do my laptop keyboard - sandy dust is a big problem here indoors as well as out.

Off to investigate the new thingie now anyway - hey if you've got one - I want one!

£6.99? That's it - I'm ordering one right now! I've got the protective leather case for mine (has saved it when I've dropped it on the marble floors) but I want that pouch. I am going to be staying at my son's a lot of the time when over from next week and he has a HUGE BATH! A real treat for me and I do love to read in the bath!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Even better still - look! £3.89 with FREE delivery from Amazon!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GadgetpoolUK...2979861&sr=8-1

Editing to say this is NOT better than the one SB linked to. Hers is for the standard Kindle like mine and seems to have a better 'bumper' and also nicer wrist carry strap.
Beth17
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
You'll love it
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I always thought they were a total waste of money, but I now love mine. So much more convenient than a book. I can even read it laying down without my arms aching
Ooh i'm getting really impatient now
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Ooh i'm getting really impatient now
yes, you really will love it. I also thought it was a waste of money as I belonged at the time to greenmetropolis and all my books were cheap & recycled but once you have a kindle that's it, you're hooked.
I love it
Azz
Administrator
Male 

08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Was looking on Amazon, and noticed the Kindle edition of this book is free!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=docs-os-doi_0

Not sure if it's any good mind you
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >