View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2006, 05:51 PM
My sister doesn't receive a penny now either, all due to them overpaying her a couple of years ago. Her OH earns a very minimum wage, so she thought having 2 children she was entitled to this payment each month, she had filled out all the forms included the part time wage she was also earning, but they didn't put it into the computer, so worked out her payments to just his wage and not hers. So now she has to go without a penny and has done for about a year now.

Not a thing can be done about it either, they went to CAB and unfortunately couldn't be helped.

I hope you get more luck, especially with a little one on the way!
sibe3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2006, 12:25 AM
This has happened to us as well. We owe them money because they reckon we have been overpayed then a week before christmas they stopped it altogether saying that my husbands hours had changed and they hadn't at all. We had to fight for a month about this and it only got sorted because we threatened them with the newspapers. But we had to have an emergency giro from the inland revenue office to see us through which they are going to take out next year.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by sibe3
This has happened to us as well. We owe them money because they reckon we have been overpayed then a week before christmas they stopped it altogether saying that my husbands hours had changed and they hadn't at all. We had to fight for a month about this and it only got sorted because we threatened them with the newspapers. But we had to have an emergency giro from the inland revenue office to see us through which they are going to take out next year.
that what they are trying to sort out for us, but not sure how long it will take them to sort it out
i have heard so many stories similar to my own they shouldnt be allowed to treat people this way, the system is a sham and needs sorting out and fast
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2006, 07:30 PM
I had the same problem when it was family credit (same thing only differently named now) they took £55 a week off of me because "i hadnt gone through the CSA to get my child support" when i had already spoke to the csa and told the csa of what i was getting and how i was getting it etc and even had a letter from them to confirm it ... took it to court and ended up losing over £3000, now having similar problem with housing benefit, there claiming they over paid 3 months rent when i started my last job which was through the lone parent advisor and i got 3 months rent paid with the back to work bonus thing (only took HB 4 years to start reclaiming the money and i knew nothing of it, and i was on income support, so ended up with rent arrears!) yet another one im fighting
Hope you have better luck claiming back what your owed, You should be able to come to some sort of agreement and pay back a little of what you owe each week (try giving the CAB aphone?)
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2006, 10:11 PM
the appeal form came today have filled it in,, just need to mail it back to them which i will do tomorrow
will keep you up to date with what happens although it will prob take them until april next year to get their butts moving
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3