Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:14 AM

A month of Hell has started

Tescos which is situated in the middle of the housing estate I live on have got thier fireworks on sale again and last night there was endless fireworks going off all around, really big loud ones.
Shady was so scared I couldn't get her out to the loo at all and she ended up wetting herself.
I really hate this area at this time of year and I hate supermarkets for making them so easily available.
The damn teenagers even let them off at random times duing the day too, so there is just no escape or reprieve.
I would love to know where they get thier money from for them (or perhaps I wouldn't ) as most of them here are on the dole with no intention of ever doing a days work.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I used to have the same problems with Roxy - it really is just terrifying for them......

Feel for you, and Shady, hon xxxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Poor Shady
I think a stiff letter to Mr Tesco might be in order, local branch and head office!
How I wish fireworks were public display only.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I know how you feel My little one is the same. I cannot get her into the garden once it starts to gets dark then she gets a nervous tummy and has accidents at night.
Like you say it goes on for weeks, if it was just a wknd you could accept it.
I think they should be for public display only, and only on the one weekend.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Oh dear, poor Shady, I do love fireworks but some dogs are so terrified, our neighbours dog ends up climbing over 6ft fences (have no idea how as he is a medium sized dog) am always putting him back in after a thunderstorm or fireworks.
My only suggestion is move to Australia as they are illegal over here except for special events (shows, NYE) but the public cant buy ther, thank godness as it would be idiotsville with fireworks in the hands of teenages
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Tescos which is situated in the middle of the housing estate I live on have got thier fireworks on sale again and last night there was endless fireworks going off all around, really big loud ones.
Shady was so scared I couldn't get her out to the loo at all and she ended up wetting herself.
I really hate this area at this time of year and I hate supermarkets for making them so easily available.
The damn teenagers even let them off at random times duing the day too, so there is just no escape or reprieve.
I would love to know where they get thier money from for them (or perhaps I wouldn't ) as most of them here are on the dole with no intention of ever doing a days work.

I have a cat who is terrified and it's really no joke. This weekend was Divali though so I am hoping that this was the reason for so many and maybe it will go quieter again after the weekend? It's a long month otherwise. Hope Shady is feeling a bit better this morning!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Poor Shady I don't understand why they have to be on sale so early..........
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:27 PM
same with our two

mil launches herself at the doors etc to protect nic - and nic just cowers then runs aruond scratching doors etc....

the only thing now is he's going deaf - so for his sake might use something to muffle the sounds for him in his ears...
susieq
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I have the same problem, our Molly is absolutely petrified and shakes so much her teeth chatter, the other dogs are not so scared by them, the three little terriers just want to go into the garden and bark at them but they are kept in, blinds drawn, TV turned up loud, we have found the best thing with Molly is to let her stay in her basket under the worktop in the corner of the kitchen where she feels safe, unless of course she wants to clamber up onto the settee for a cuddle. Surprisingly enough the one who is least affected is Merlin, as he is blind I thought he would be really scared , when we had him first he would go berserk when fireworks started but over the years he has calmed down and now just ignores them. I agree that they are on sale too early, between Nov 1st and 5th is quite long enough I think, the idiots who let them off at all hours dont help either as you cant even plan to take the dogs for a walk before they start.

Am getting off my soap box now.......
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Poor Shady I don't understand why they have to be on sale so early..........
because the sellers care more about making money than they do about the victims

Snorri
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >