Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2007, 07:17 PM

A little update about me.

Well as you know, I have been away from Dogsey for a while, I'll be truthful and say I haven't stayed away from the internet completely but with everything going on in my life I couldn't concentrate on more than one site at a time. I have been shifted from this medication to that medication and that has at times left my brain addled. I have also been in and out of hospital for biopsy's and MRI's electrical tests you name it, they have tested me for it. Anyway some of you know that I had my Disability Living Allowance claim turned down, Well that refusal was unanimously overturned on appeal and I am now getting what I am entitled to. I have also got myself a rather smart new car on the motability scheme, but I shall go into that on the appropriate forum. But back to my health, my pain is getting steadily worse and thats one of the reasons for extra medication and im able to do less and less which is very very frustrating. But along with my scooter, my new car has brought back some much needed independence and I can start taking Ossie for some long walks in different surroundings now, which is brilliant.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Excellent news. I hate to see genuine people being turned down when there are others out there who are perfectly well but con the system!
Becky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Sorry the pain's increasing Steve, but at least there is a plus side for you at the moment.
Hope Jude and the kids are coping ok.
Big hugs honey xoxox
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm with Mahooli on this one Steve.

Good Luck,you certainly deserve some. Iam sure Ossie will also enjoy the long walks which you will now be ableto take him on.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Thank you.

Vicki Jude and the kids have been my rock. Without them I know I would have been very much worse off. Jude has now become my full time carer (and a wonderful job she does too) and the kids help me out if I ask them to. So for a family I couldn't ask for better and I know how lucky I am.

As for getting what I deserve re benefits, I guess you can say that I am now, again without Jude behind me, I am sure I'd have given up the fight a long time before the appeal came through. Why do the DWP make you fight so hard for what you need? Still I have been awarded it now so shouldn't grumble, but can't help feeling for all the other people out there that have either given up the fight or are still waiting to get what is rightfully theirs.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Thank you.

Vicki Jude and the kids have been my rock. Without them I know I would have been very much worse off. Jude has now become my full time carer (and a wonderful job she does too) and the kids help me out if I ask them to. So for a family I couldn't ask for better and I know how lucky I am.

As for getting what I deserve re benefits, I guess you can say that I am now, again without Jude behind me, I am sure I'd have given up the fight a long time before the appeal came through. Why do the DWP make you fight so hard for what you need? Still I have been awarded it now so shouldn't grumble, but can't help feeling for all the other people out there that have either given up the fight or are still waiting to get what is rightfully theirs.
I honestly can understand why they make it difficult, there being so many fraudsters out there. However, it's a real pain and such grief when it happens to "you". Still, as you say, it's sorted now......

As for Jude now being your carer - bless her - you couldn't ask for anyone better.

You keep going kiddo - we're all behind you!

BTW, Baz says would you like the Chelsea programmes he gets from the games? PM me if so, and I'll post them as and when.
xox
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi Steve,
I am pleased to read that the appeal was a success and that you have managed to get what you so rightly deserve. It was a great shame it took a long time in coming though
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Hello Steve, I'm pleased you got won your appeal, I am waiting off my appeal for the same thing. Wouldn't you think that us sufferers who are obviously poorly would be passed immediately. As for example for me, I'm never going to grow another two legs am I?

I wish you well and you are able to get out for many long walks.

Ian
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi steve i too am delighted you rightfully won your appeal ,the car is fab by the way
i hope ossie and you enjoy your nice long walks ,great to see ya back xxdk
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Great news aboiut the claim and the car. looking forward to some pics of both of you exploring new walks together.