View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Our dogs digestive systems are designed for raw products. Your little dog will be fine.

Our human digestive systems are quiet different.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 09:26 AM
I always freeze everything, especially chicken for 48 hours if its not frozen when I buy it. Normal food hygiene is fine and I have puppies at all ages and life stages living with families with and without children and everyone is fine. Dogs are healthier, mine rarely see a vet apart from routine stuff or if I have a concern about anything. Raw feeding is cheaper, healthier and more natural
vlite
New Member!
Male 

21-09-2017, 10:40 AM
I tried feeding raw meat earlier and another thing Im concerned about is Toxoplasmosis, which could be dangerous to pregnant woman.. (and my wife is!)

Although the main carrier for that are cats, but cats potentially get those from raw meat as well. I hope all goes well, but just washed the first raw bone (with some meats) and didnt think to freeze it for 48 hours
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Well you know now to freeze everything, I'm sure you are worrying needlessly as never had any problems myself, nor have my rawfeeding friends or puppy owners
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2017, 04:40 PM
A link about what human foods dogs shouldn't have.

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/anima...ding-your-pets
Interstellar
New Member!
Male 

22-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Puppies can be picky.

Try adding something like boiled chicken or canned food to the kibble to entice your little pup to eat.

If that doesn't work... start taking the food up after 15 minutes, then return it at the next meal time.

Keep it up and instill a routine. He will eat when he's hungry.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Having to add Real Food to encourage puppies or dogs to eat commercial food, proves that Real Food is what is preferred by your dog
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2017, 12:41 PM
I have never found puppies to be "picky" when offered natural raw healthy food.
Grain based commercial kibbles are not natural for our canine friends, it is though, a convenient product!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Also convenient for the vets who push it and persuade people to buy it because its 'best' They not only get commission on selling the stuff, they then charge to pick up the inevitable pieces when the digestive and skin problems start
Interstellar
New Member!
Male 

22-09-2017, 03:19 PM
A raw or home cooked diet is not feasible for everyone, nor is it best for every dog. They are, in fact, individuals.

I don't see the point in recommending alternative diets to everyone when they are incredibly time consuming and difficult to balance nutritionally, nor do I buy into the anti-vet conspiracy theories. Vets do not want to hurt your dogs.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >