View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 02:39 PM
It's not until you look at your own life and decide if what you are thinking is rational or not. It can be obvious (ie suicidal thoughts and tendancies). Or it can be just how you relate to other people. How it affects people is different every time. It's something which you have to give a lot of time to before it's obvious that you have depression. Everyone has their off days but when an off day lasts months or years, from my experience, you definitely think you are losing control of your mind.

If you really do think you have depression Natalie it's best to tell those around you how you feel so they can understand what's going on and give you support (or even just leave you alone without asking why) when you need it.

Also, it may not be depression but something like a lack of natural steriods you have Natalie... Go to the doctor and see what they say. The worst they'll make you do is pee in can for a day

Graeme
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 02:54 PM
i did take an overdos 2 years ago and then cried when i woke up as i did not want to be there. its not that bad now it just i dont care. i know it dont sound like much but i just dont care about any1 or any thing.

dont think i could go to the doc feel stupid tell ppl face to face
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Hugs xxxxx
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Natalie, it's good that you don't feel as bad as that now.

You can take a chance and go to the doctor and see what they say. They may well send you home with a 'nothing wrong with you lady' but in what have you lost? A tiny bit of dignity perhaps and a couple of hours. It could though be the case that they can help you or put you in touch with a good person to speak about it to. If that happens you'll maybe start feeling the way you think you should be feeling. As I say you have very little to lose by telling someone and maybe, just maybe, a lot to gain.

I understand it's very much an easier said than done thing.

Graeme
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 03:37 PM
I have suffered from depression for all my adult life and possibly for a lot of my childhood. There is no one reason for it, it's a numbr of things that build up and build up until suddenly these things explode in your head and you just cant cope anymore. For me the symptoms are a feeling of total emptiness and numbness that won't go away. I have to say since getting Jake a year ago it has got a lot better for me. However there are days when I wake up and those feelings are still there.

If you are experiencing any of the things that have been mentioned on this thread consult your doctor and do not suffer in silence. xxxx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Nat and Sweep, you have nothing to feel stupid about, depression is an illness, and like all illnesses, needs treating. I've been there, and quite recently too
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I have panic attacks regulary because I am very self consious but i don't class myself as depressed. All I can do is give you all a great big hug and ask you to keep smiling no matter what. Also, if anyone wants a chat please just im me k xxxxx
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Hi Guys, sorry to read all your stories about depression.

TBH I know very little about it but have been told that there are some good natural remedies than can help aid it such as Kava kava, lemon balm, & St John's wort. Not sure if anyone has tried these before.

Sweep, definitely best to go and see someone about it. Best wishes with it.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Sweep, I would make an appointment straight away!..I've suffered from depression and Panic attacks over the years. Anti- depressants are very good nowadays and most are non-addictive
It's a horrible feeling but help is available, if you are worried about taking pills then you can ask your doctor to refer you for counselling.
If you are feeling bad then you can PM me and I will give you my number if it helps this applys to anyone that needs an ear. I've been there and I know how lonely the feelings are
Also Saz..I've suffered from Panic attacks too although its been years since I've had one. Frightening things they are but just try to remember that it's just adrenilin coursing through your body, Pm me also if you want some good advice on how to overcome them....trust me it works,
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I really like seeing how people here at dogweb are so caring and concerned for anyone that needs help, advice or just a few kind words...

All of your posts to sweep are really helpful and very honest, it isn't easy talking about things like this when we are so used to dissgusing what really is going on in our lives and putting on a brave face for the rest of the world.

It can be a rare thing now a days finding people who really care about others and it's nice that we have that on DW...

Hope your feeling ok sweep and also anyone else who is feeling or has felt bad in this way. I know it's not one of those things that you snap out of, but you know what I mean...
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >