Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Bongo's spay - update...

The op was a week ago today, some of you will remember her spleen was grossly enlarged, probably due to the anaesthetic, and the vet cut into it as he went into the abdominal cavity, clearly not expecting it to be where it was. It also hampered him in removing the uterus and ovaries, so there was a lot more tugging around during the op than there usually is.

The Bonger spent the next couple of days very quiet, very listless Crying out in her sleep, unable to get comfortable while awake

Now she doesn't seem much like an invalid, apart from the lampshade on her head She thinks she should be allowed to go for walks, and has twice escaped up the garden for a good gallop around. She's also finding all kinds of mischief around the house, especially with the kitchen being done and everything being in the dining-room. Yesterday she got hold of a bag of flour! I really should have got a picture before cleaning it/her up She seems to have got back control of her bladder function entirely, and you wouldn't really have known that she's had a major op so recently. Stitches out on Monday, and the vet reckons we can take the lampshade off then. Good work Bongo!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Aww, well done Bongo, and well done you for taking such good care of her.

One thing does concern me though, are you sure it's definately Bongo and they didn't swap her for a naughty setter or pointer, just that it sounds like my house most days

So pleased she's feeling better xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Pleased to hear that Bongo is getting back to normal and is up to mischielf again, I can bet she will be pleased when the lampshade comes off.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Delighted to hear Bongo is feeling much better, such a pity you never got a photo with the flour-bag!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 10:18 AM
So pleased to hear Bongo is recovering so well. That 'in between' time when they are supposed to still be recovering but they think they are fully fit can be quite trying, but no doubt you are just pleased to see her getting back to her usual self
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Awww brilliant news to hear she is back on top form!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That 'in between' time when they are supposed to still be recovering but they think they are fully fit can be quite trying
That's got to be the understatement of the year!!!

Thanks you lot - I am very pleased with her and try not to worry Scorpio, any terrier-owner worth their salt is well used to these kind of antics!!!