Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 12:21 PM

My OH has been picked to be on Quiz Show

He's just phoned me to tell me he's been asked to be on Going For Gold (channel 5) at beginning of Feb!!! He went to an audition ages ago and we thought that was it we'd never hear but no they called him today.

So he gets flown down or can get the train and they put hinm up in a hotel, I can go too but doubt it will be a hotel that accepts dogs (unless anyone wants a mad staffy x for a few days ) So we need loads of positive dogsey vibes that he wins some nice goodies!!!

I will post when I know the exact dates.

Ohhhhh this is really exciting
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post

He's just phoned me to tell me he's been asked to be on Going For Gold (channel 5) at beginning of Feb!!! He went to an audition ages ago and we thought that was it we'd never hear but no they called him today.

So he gets flown down or can get the train and they put hinm up in a hotel, I can go too but doubt it will be a hotel that accepts dogs (unless anyone wants a mad staffy x for a few days ) So we need loads of positive dogsey vibes that he wins some nice goodies!!!

I will post when I know the exact dates.

Ohhhhh this is really exciting

How exciting...we can't get channel 5 here so won't be able to see him in action, but what a chance of a lifetime.

What does he actually have to do in the quiz show, is it general knowledge or similar?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
How exciting...we can't get channel 5 here so won't be able to see him in action, but what a chance of a lifetime.

What does he actually have to do in the quiz show, is it general knowledge or similar?
Thanks, I am so chuffed for him

Its general knowledge Sheree, I used to watch it years ago when it was hosted by Henry Kelly, and they used to have contestants from all over Europe, but now its hosted by ...I can't rememebr his name. The ex newsreader Dermot somebody

Its in rounds and you have to choose whether to go 1st or 2nd, you are then given clues and obviously the quicker you get it the more points you get, if you can't get it in time the clue and the question passes to your opponent and they get another clue and if they can't answer it goes back to you and so on!!and if you win you can choose to take your winning and go or keep going till you get beaten.

There is also an extra later in the afternoon where the audience phone infor a chance to compete against the contestant.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks, I am so chuffed for him

Its general knowledge Sheree, I used to watch it years ago when it was hosted by Henry Kelly, and they used to have contestants from all over Europe, but now its hosted by ...I can't rememebr his name. The ex newsreader Dermot somebody

Its in rounds and you have to choose whether to go 1st or 2nd, you are then given clues and obviously the quicker you get it the more points you get, if you can't get it in time the clue and the question passes to your opponent and they get another clue and if they can't answer it goes back to you and so on!!and if you win you can choose to take your winning and go or keep going till you get beaten.

There is also an extra later in the afternoon where the audience phone infor a chance to compete against the contestant.

Ooh it sounds dead exciting...I shall have to get someone to record it for me..or maybe it will shown somewhere on the internet. It would be brilliant if you could be there with him wouldn't it, shame I'm only allowed one doggy here or I would look after the gorgeous Ben for you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I used to love Going for Gold.

Hope your OH cleans up, Lynne
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 05:31 PM
He goes down on the 3rd February to appear on the 4rth of Feb and hopefully if he wins he just stays till he loses or decides to leave with his winnings

Dogsey vibes please
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 05:35 PM
wow great news... I will pm you re ben xx
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 05:46 PM
OOh how exciting!!! good luck.. win big!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh wow, Fingers crossed he wins.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Yaaaaay, my hubby watches it nearly every day so I will have to make sure I do too on that day.
Good luck Benzdad
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »