Female 

06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Stark raving mad......IMO
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, I got bored with it, but I did manage to find out that what they're searching for is this Higgs particle which has never been seen yet, and it's incredibly heavy (just like a big black hole again!!!!! ) Apparently, they've been searching for it for over 40 years now with all their billions of pounds worth of equipment, mainly in the US, so they want Europe to be the first to find it with this new CERP or whatever it's called there on the borders of Switzerland.

He spoke to a woman there about the thousands of e-mails he had received recently depicting doom and gloom (like us lot!) and she emphatically stated that she didn't "THINK" it would engulf the earth, because she didn't "THINK" it would be capable of that even if they did get the black hole syndrome - she was throwing in far too many "thinks" for my liking!!! If they're NOT worried about it, then WHY have they built this thing 100 kilometres under the ground then??? If it was powerful enough to blow the universe into smitherines, doncha think it's powerful enough to blow up from 100 Km underground?????

They're all mad imo, and at the end of the day IT DON'T CURE CANCER DOES IT!!!!!
They built it underground for safety reason, if the machine does go kaboom. It doesnt cure cancer but it could open up what the universe is all about and why are we here so imo is a good reason.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Let's just hope we're all here on Thursday morning to wish me happy birthday hey???!!!!
H - We'll all be here on Dogsey chatting in hyperspace - but physically we might be on planet Zog some 20 billion miles away

I wonder if our dogs will travel with us
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 08:46 PM
All about CERN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJFll...eature=related

What a black hole will do, some may not want to click this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXzugu39pKM
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Crikey, i might reach for the noose now! I really shouldn't read stuff like this. And i don't really "want to know why we're here" as if its proven we came from bits of crap, and we go back to bits of crap then lifes gonna be awfulyl sad!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
What is more worrying is that it is being built by, amongst others, Professor Brian Cox, who 10 years ago, when they started building this was actually the keyboard player with D-Ream.

I kid you not.... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...ng-917196.html

Remember their one hit? 'Things can only get better'

I'm filled with confidence now.... that it won't work!
OMG me too... thanks Becky ....NOt lol

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
H - We'll all be here on Dogsey chatting in hyperspace - but physically we might be on planet Zog some 20 billion miles away

I wonder if our dogs will travel with us
pmsl..............

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Crikey, i might reach for the noose now! I really shouldn't read stuff like this. And i don't really "want to know why we're here" as if its proven we came from bits of crap, and we go back to bits of crap then lifes gonna be awfulyl sad!

same here Luke... wtf can't we just enjoy what we have got rather than trying to understand anchient stuff... I for one don't see the need !!!

Stormey.. I'm not looking at that video... I wanna sleep tonight!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
OMG me too... thanks Becky ....NOt lol

pmsl..............

same here Luke... wtf can't we just enjoy what we have got rather than trying to understand anchient stuff... I for one don't see the need !!!

Stormey.. I'm not looking at that video... I wanna sleep tonight!!
Go on look
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 12:03 AM
noooooooooooo i'm not n you can't make me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he he he

I did watch the first vid but am still asking WHY??whats it going to acheive??? I just don't get it... and if they do recreate matter from the big bang what happens if it grows into a big alien??? anyone thought of that one?

I'm mystified.. oh well if there is a black hole I shall throw my ironing into it!!.....................
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 07:27 AM
Sorry Stormey I didn't watch that video.............and your very a naughty boy trying to scare me like that.

Why are we here.......................I DON'T CARE WHY...............I JUST WANT TO STAY HERE......................
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I thought it was also underground because the collider needs to be kept at a very low temperature for it to work properly.

Am I concerned - no. I think it'll turn out to be a damp squib.
Why? Too many "we thinks" in their reasoning, which makes me think they will not have accounted for something simple ( like the colllider heating up when the particles bombard and release energy) which would in effect negate the whole experiment.

I am sure I shall be saying happy birthday to Helen on Thurs and going to my champagne reception next Sunday.

and darnit, fitting the ironing in somewhere!
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »