Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
YOU ARE JOKING OH! MY GOD
I did read it somewhere but cant remember where.

The date is the 10th, so is really 10/9 or 9/10 depending what side of the pond you are. Also the end of the world test is on the 21st of oct, so you have more time to worry
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
ohh thats lolas birthday shell be one!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Just been channel hopping and BBC4 has four hours of it on NOW! Oh dear, maybe I'd better not watch it........ but I will!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Stormey your not helping my nerves now you know.
Helen maybe me and you should rule the world..............I think it would be a perfect peaceful place
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Lol! Yes Steph, but it's too late now for that!!!!

Well, that first programme was well over my head, but I didn't like some of the things I heard, one of which was a scientist talking who said something along the lines of "science is an art of doing something that we don't know what we are doing"!!!!!! Doesn't sound too good does it!!!

Stormey you are right, they have done this over and over before, BUT, this new machine is 7 times more powerful than anything we have ever tried before because they want to find that "black matter" which will tell them what they want to know, and they reckon this new test will do that!! Black hole springs to mind??????!!!!

I'm off to watch the next one now which hopefully might be a tad less intellectual, it's showing the building and workings of this big new machine!

Steph, I'm on my way!!!!!!! Are we the only peops worried about this then??????
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol! Yes Steph, but it's too late now for that!!!!

Well, that first programme was well over my head, but I didn't like some of the things I heard, one of which was a scientist talking who said something along the lines of "science is an art of doing something that we don't know what we are doing"!!!!!! Doesn't sound too good does it!!!

Stormey you are right, they have done this over and over before, BUT, this new machine is 7 times more powerful than anything we have ever tried before because they want to find that "black matter" which will tell them what they want to know, and they reckon this new test will do that!! Black hole springs to mind??????!!!!

I'm off to watch the next one now which hopefully might be a tad less intellectual, it's showing the building and workings of this big new machine!

Steph, I'm on my way!!!!!!! Are we the only peops worried about this then??????
Looks like it...........wait and see now thursday will come and me and you will look like or maybe not if stomey id right....MONTHS/YEARS........scary
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Stormey your not helping my nerves now you know.
Helen maybe me and you should rule the world..............I think it would be a perfect peaceful place
Sorry and try not to worry as there is not much to worry about.(I wouldnt be surprised to see the machine break down)

I hope it works as I would love to know why gravity is so weak.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Sorry and try not to worry as there is not much to worry about.(I wouldnt be surprised to see the machine break down)

I hope it works as I would love to know why gravity is so weak.
I hope the machine breaks down too.....never to be mended
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, I got bored with it, but I did manage to find out that what they're searching for is this Higgs particle which has never been seen yet, and it's incredibly heavy (just like a big black hole again!!!!! ) Apparently, they've been searching for it for over 40 years now with all their billions of pounds worth of equipment, mainly in the US, so they want Europe to be the first to find it with this new CERP or whatever it's called there on the borders of Switzerland.

He spoke to a woman there about the thousands of e-mails he had received recently depicting doom and gloom (like us lot!) and she emphatically stated that she didn't "THINK" it would engulf the earth, because she didn't "THINK" it would be capable of that even if they did get the black hole syndrome - she was throwing in far too many "thinks" for my liking!!! If they're NOT worried about it, then WHY have they built this thing 100 kilometres under the ground then??? If it was powerful enough to blow the universe into smitherines, doncha think it's powerful enough to blow up from 100 Km underground?????

They're all mad imo, and at the end of the day IT DON'T CURE CANCER DOES IT!!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
What is more worrying is that it is being built by, amongst others, Professor Brian Cox, who 10 years ago, when they started building this was actually the keyboard player with D-Ream.

I kid you not....

I'm filled with confidence now.... that it won't work!
OMG you're not kidding and there was me saying earlier that they are all clever cloggs Still I think I agree......... it won't work............we'll be saved by the mad musician. BTW I don't remember their hit but then I never took much notice of pop music anyway.
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »