Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 06:27 PM

The end of the World next Week

Just been watching about that Big Bang they are going to do next week, and it's freaking me out a tad! Apparently, they don't really know what will happen, but if something goes wrong it will create such a huge big black hole that the whole of the earth will be engulfed in it????!!!! This is all happening on my birthday too!!!!

I can't believe they are allowed to do this???? Who are they to mess with Planet Earth then and risk that and everything in it!!! How dare they I say!!! What's your views then??

Trouble is, you won't be able to tell me I was right if it all goes Pete Tong!!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 06:46 PM
My OH has been on about this CERN experiment for a while. He thinks they have been experimenting for a while and if there was any real risk they wouldn't do it.

Having said that if we all disappear with a poof, I can tell him he was wrong in the afterlife
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 06:52 PM
I am afraid I am of the belief that just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I saw something about this on the telly the other night.

If anybody wants to know about it, it is here...

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...,00.html?imw=Y
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Am i the only one looking forward to this??

How cool would it be to actually be there at the end of the world?!?! Admittedly there would be no one to brag to about it, but still, its pretty cool!

Bet nothing will happen
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Well, i haven't got much planned for next week so not that bothered!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 07:12 PM
has anyone seen the film Core,, if not I suggest you get it out before the end of the world,, lol Helena went I read this at first I thought you were just showing off about your love life again,, big bang,,, eek

Not sure how to feel about it, only just heard it on this thread, but my gut instinct,, is WHY, do they constantly need to poke into things such as this,,,
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2008, 07:27 PM
ooh thats the day I go back to work... maybe I wont have to then!!

Joking aside I don't really see the need for it... whats it going to acheive in the long run??
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I saw something about this on the telly the other night.
If anybody wants to know about it, it is here...
http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...,00.html?imw=Y
It was on Sky News yesterday too, I didn't catch the whole story so thanks for the link Phil.

I particularly liked this bit:-
"the LHC will create wormholes to distant corners of the universe where humanity can escape to other inhabitable planets"

Let us hope that the 'humanity' they are talking about is all those cruel ignorant dog hating humans we all know about

BTW that quote in red is from some critic of the CERN LHC and not what CERN themselves are predicting, what a shame

and even 'tho those CERN scientists are pretty clever bunnies TBH Helena I have great doubts that any humans could ever engineer a black hole of even 1 micron in diameter let alone the thousands of miles necessary to engulf the world.

If I were you I'd concentrate on having a ball on your birthday and congratulations on being 29 ...............................(again )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I don't really see the need for it... whats it going to acheive in the long run??
Well according to that link Phil gave it's supposed to help with understanding how the unniverse was created which is something I rarely (if ever) think about

But I maybe should say that CERN has been going for nearly 50 years and has produced some useful scientific data, not that I can think of anything right now
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »