View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I remember '87 as well, we lost 22 full grown 40 year old trees in our street and no-one could get out!
Not so many big treets round here but some very old ones who may not stand up to it
Becky
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm dreading it, our local radio station and local tv weather has been warning people not to go out unless necessary. Its mean't to hit its peak with us between 6and 10 in the morning and then hit us hard again tomorrow evening.
I remember 87 and you couldn't recognise the landscape outside, trees were down everywhere as well as roads looking like rivers and we lost our electric for 3 days. I can remember being so cold and not being able to even make a hot drink.
Lets hope its not as bad as they say it will be.
Stay safe everyone.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I think the winds are forcast to be over 70mph and force 10! We had a sharp shower earlier (and got wet while walking the dogs) but other than that we have had sunshine all day. It went very very windy earlier though but this evening has been ominously still.... calm before the storm perhaps!? We have made sure we have new batteries in all the torches and that all the windows are well locked! Hope everyone stays safe, dry and warm!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
The weather is said to get very nasty here for the next few days , Looks like ill be getting the wellies out ,The winds are getting up here as well ,Stay safe everyone xxdk
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
missed all this, haven't watched any news for a little while. Friends in work said weather was going to be bad this week but i didn't know that it was forcast to be THAT bad.

Just come in half hour ago for a walk with doggies, and it was lovely. Quite mild and i really enjoyed it.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 11:14 PM
We had an e-mail from social services on Friday warning us to get ready for a battering and what to do if we lose power. It was more for old peoples home than us but someone was obviously worried.

I'm hoping that it will miss us, we have our own climate in Felixstowe, so we'll see.

The OH is back to work tomorrow and hoping for a quiet day as the dock will be shut so no climbing cranes for him!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Well, I went out earlier and put all my agility jumps in my large shed to make sure they don`t get blown around the paddock - hopefully the kit will help weigh the shed down as well
Went to see landlady to sort a contingency plan in case it gets really bad here because the horses of course would be vulnerable to any debris flying around but she does`nt seem to understand how severe the weather warnings are, so tomorrow it will be me on my tod hoping I`m not faced with trying to help injured horses in a gale
I just hope we all get a break and the storm burns itself out before it causes anyone or any animals injury or does any damage anywhere.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I just had a look at the weather map on News 24, it seems the UK is being straddled by a cyclone we should be OK in Scotland though, a bit of snow is forecasted for us.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Just heard on the tv news that the winds are now predicted to be up to and over 80mph! Eeek!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
So far, it's ok. I took the dogs out for their last walk and the skies were clear with a breeze blowing.

I have been watching the weather reports and Southern Ireland is taking a bit of a battering. When this weather front was in the USA, apparently it took out quite a lot of power supplies.

I'm not looking forward to it at all. One, I live about 3 miles from the coast, and two, I'm very rural. According to my OH, the last bad weather storm made this place impossible to get out of. As both the big barns have tin a roof, I just hope they don't come loose and start flying about We're always having power cuts when there's a strong wind, so I guess we'll be without power tomorrow. My OH has got out the camping stoves, kettle and a torch, and we've got a generator for things like the fridge, freezer, t.v etc.

It's gonna be fun in the morning.................NOT!!
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »