Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Morning
Quick look in before I go childminding for an hr, Lauryn is asleep in bed. My SIL phoned this morning to say my little niece was poorly, they phoned emergency doctor who sent a paramedic. Ambulance came, they got to hospital, where a nurse gave her a spoon of calpol and then left her sitting in waiting room for 3 hrs! she's got a very high temp, and wouldn't take fluids. The doctor finally came after my brother complained, and said it's either a stomach virus or appendicitis. We will admit her and do tests--sometime tomorrow !! So they decided to take her home and seeing their own doctor first thing. She's going to ring me later to let me know how she is. She's only 2
There seems to be lots of virus going about at the moment.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Lol @ Dillon LYNN. He's got a mind of his own hasn't he.
GRRRRR Come on own up. Who sent the rain over here just as I'd come in from cleaning the windows.
I think your hairdresser will at last know how to do your hair by the time your hand is better HELENA. Good luck for tomorrow.
Hope you feel better by Saturday NIPPY. A bad back will stop you dancing on the tables
OH is off to the hospital soon for physio on his shoulder & has to go again next week for a cortisone jab.
I'm getting rid of him over the weekend Him & a mate are going to somewhere near York for something or other I'm already planning what I can do
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Yeah Lynne, who sent the rain over, was just getting myself off out to meet Jackie who is over here today because they want to check the electric meter, so she's been waiting since 8am now!!!! We were having a play date but she's got to go somewhere else after so not brought anyone with her.
Was going to call in and see her, do a training session on the field, and go home, however its persisting down, and the forecast is like this for the rest of the day, just checked to see if its passing over, hopefully to someone who is sitting in the sun. Luckily girls not aware of this and they're still sleeping brekkie off in the dry all curled up.
Take yourself off to the hairdressers Helena, a lot easier, i assure you! Did you prop your arm on another pillow to sleep more comfortably, its obviously worked for Jenny, and it worked for me, now Pats suggesting it as well.
Lynn, double nanny nap for you today. Maybe the cow has been parted from her calf and she was calling for it, or maybe she was having a calf, or maybe (like you say) she was out and wandering around lost and calling to the rest of her friends.
Mandy, thats disgraceful, poor little girl. Not sure whether the doctor will be any good, after whats happened with my youngest son. He's got this pain up his back, came here yesterday to get some co-codemol off me, went to the doctors later on. He's just rung me and said the doctor had no idea what it is and given him pain killers (same ones as me) I said oh you may as well have stayed on my couch then. I explained about sciatic nerve, where it travels from etc. and he said that is exactly how the pain is travelling, so I think sciatica, and the pain killers will numb it till the nerve untraps itself. Doctor told him none of this Sooo coupled with them telling me there was nothing wrong with my ribs, and this with youngest son, then your poor little neice, I think we may as well go back in time to the village wise woman
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 10:13 AM
What about the poor bloke I read of in the news yesterday? NHS surgeon performed a vasectomy on him when he was just in for a minor urological op! Geezus.

Now what's all this staying in when it rains? When I lived in the UK I took my dog(s) out in ALL weathers! Blimey down in Devon there were times when, if I waited for rain to stop, we'd have been inside for more than a month! Even my Cavvy didn't care what the weather was doing. Inside of my car was just covered in mud and it was Peter Storm and Wellies for me. Just involved a lot of dog bathing during those years.

Bella is the only dog I've ever had who has a morbid fear of rain! Good job we don't get much here!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Oh dear Mandy, I hope the little one is better soon.
Lynne if you have cleaned your windows then you are responsible for the rain You had better not do it on Saturday! We had the grandkids in fits of laughter on Sunday as we practiced dancing.....without Red Adair!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Morning Lynne don't you send the rain here. Sounds like you are looking forward to your weekend.
Morning June. Its no wonder most of us try to sort our problems first is it ? Its almost like we are an inconvenience. Gill is supposed to of had a letter confirming her chemo date and is still waiting.
Sorry about your nice Mandy hope she is better soon.

If I disappear don't worry had a blip with the internet. That went off and the you view been able to reset them so hoping they won't play up again.
Rang Helena spoke to Dave she has gone off to the hairdresser in a taxi. I will call her later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 10:39 AM
I would rather myself and the girls stayed dry Pat, if it starts raining when we're out, thats OK, but not deliberately going out in the rain, never did that when I had a horse either.
Not bothered if its raining slightly, but this is proper rain in my book, so we stay dry
Blimey, Helena knows how to live doesn't she, hairdressers in a taxi
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Ahh you fall under 'fair weather dog walker' then to me TW.

I'm surprised given the sort of dogs you have. My GSDs went out in all weathers, rain, hail, snow and all sorts. They didn't give a monkeys what the weather was like.

Now I've just put a little thread up about Taste of the Wild dry food. It's available here now. Wondering if anyone had tried it?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Have answered Pat. Remember my girls live in outside kennels, so their lifestyle is a bit different to an indoor dog.
Not constant baths etc. They've survived this far, so must be doing something right. 4 big wet dogs is very different from one big wet dog.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 11:33 AM
had to get taxi cos of internet shop arriving same time as hair apt, BUT having had lovely chats to drivers on the way there, having had a brilliant wash and dry/hot iron, I tell you wot, I couldf seriously get used to this new lifestyle because when I got home dave had cleaned the whole house and was cooking my lunch whilt I chatted on the phone hands free to lynn lol, its a no brainer really isn't it, I shall be milking this one plus io get the dog walked for me I'm in heaven here already even before they kill me off 2moro and I arrive there

he's now gone to fill the car up to chauffer me to hosp tomorrow, and get a phone top up for me to ring my friends if they have to keep me in, but I'm sure they wont want that will they.

sorry about daughter mandy.xxx

lovely to chat again lynn you do make me laugh!

pat I looked into taste of the wild but I think there was some American scare with it? Canadian isn't it? could be wrong but it has a bad ingredient I THINK???
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »