View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Morning all...is this the daily for Friday?? I seem to have lost my marbles, don't know where I am, who I am and to top it all, I've got this thumping headache and a big lump on the back of my head .....

Are you feeling guilty now DD. I'm going to send you over to June's boot camp if you're not careful *lobs big wooden rubber at DD hiding behind sofa*

Wasn't in this morning, cos I got up so blinkin early, I decided to just get out with Zena up on the top as it was so sunny and luffly

Then I went to Mr S for somemore bits, blimey, I seem to spend my life in supermarkets and yet still I've forgotten something, even though I took my list, checked it, double checked it and forgot to get something on the way home cos it was in my pocket by then and I'd forgotten.

Filled up with petrol, I'm using so much petrol doing these clifftop walks, but my car being a 3 litre is a bit of a gas guzzler, but it didn't matter when we bought her, cos I didn't do many miles. It'll all change once I can get back into these woods, but I love it so much up the top I keep putting off going back in there.

I had the car cleaned on the way home, and then I decided to get all the winter mud and sand out from the inside. That took over an hour, but Dave's Karcher hoover is absolutely brill for cleaning car carpets and sand from the inside. So now the car is all sparkly clean inside and out, new covers in the back, clean carpet underneath, I hope Zena appreciates it and doesn't wait until she's back IN the car to have a good old shake when she's soaking wet from the beach, or wet and muddy. I could invest in one of those fleece dog drying things to travel her back in? Might Google those.

Zena's just had some boiled fish with some diced veggies, not a lot, but thanks for this tip June, I only give her a table spoon of meat or fish now with lots of veggies and the weight is dropping off her. In fact, I think she's too darn skinny now, but we'll see on Monday when I go to the vets.

Took Zena on her 2nd short walk up the road and into the top of the woods, got a load of washing on the line but the sun has gone in now They've promised us a very warm week-end and no sign of rain so I can live with that.

Nice to see everyone else is finding stuff to do today, make hay whilst the sun shines and all that, and I'll catch you all later.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi all sorry been quiet last few days, this time in 48 hours I'd hopefully nearly have finished the marathon
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2014, 01:06 PM
thought of you last night Emma when they mentioned the marathon this weekend.
Had Kaya's mummy on this morning for ages 'n ages, so didn't get Mabs and Keshi out till quite late, and of course there were loads of people and dogs about, and also on the field, so we just went a walk round everywhere, they've had a good run and training session everyday this week, so once won't hurt them.
Got Cariad and Lona onto the river, lovely and sunny, so sat on my rock for a while and threw the ball into the water for Lona and got Cariad to chase hers up and down the bank.
Back home, skip out, handed out bones, gave Keshi the big ball toy, which she adores, she waits at the door for it, and Ive had a wash and am sat eating my wensleydale and cranberry with some crackers, have some brie on standby if I finish the wensleydale and fancy more.
Glad to hear Zena is losing weight on the veg overload technique, I am beginning to see Lona's waistline again myself, but not Cariad's. She may be looking skinnier because her coat will be shedding as well remember
Malka, its Passover this weekend for you isn't it, thats why everythings closed for so long. Hope the weather stays dry and fine for you and no more rain and flooding and the resultant mud
Moyra, don't know much about spaying, but I am sure if they are spayed very very young there are incontinence issues. Cariad is now spayed, but only last year. I certainly would never spay or neuter before 2 years old because it can cause all sorts of problems. Hopefully the vet will help. Hope you're OK in yourself because you've seemed a bit down recently
Have a lovely birthday party with your d-i-l Lynn, cake sounds good, will there be any over for us tonight.
We'll change the lockz so DD can't come in and make a mess later on
Have got some dog sheets in the washer, and I too am going to get the car washed, only I'm treating myself to a hand car wash place, and blow the expense!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Did someone mention Birthday cake??
Maybe you could pop two in the oven LYNN,we could share it tonight Really did overdo it today,especially in the garden but I'm bouncing again!!Aside from the streaming tap which has connected itself to my nose I'm feeling loads better Got the car cleaned out,did upstairs and down...am all sorted..oh apart from going to the tip which I will do shortly
isn't it great to be alive??
(( hug)) for AMBER,bless her wee Labrador heart
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

I'm still full of cold but I hadn't thought of hay fever I've never suffered before but who knows maybe that is what I've got. I'm telling my brother who is due down any time that that is what I think I have .... although I did mention yesterday that I thought I may be getting a cold.

I had a lovely 2 hour walk with my greyhound lady (and the dogs of course ) at Painshill this morning but we've decided not to go again now until after the Easter hols as it was inundated with mother and toddler groups and just loads of loads of other dogs (all on lead thank goodness).

The sun is still out and when in a sheltered spot it is positively warm. Our front garden is really sheltered but out the back it is decidedly chilly

Emmis In case I don't see you again until Sunday ... all the very best with your Marathon ... I'll be watching in TV You are one brave and determined lady

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and has a wonderful weekend.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Morning all.... JUST to clarify Miss Helena started said lobbing of stuff with the chalk board cleaner, I just retaliated.... And I thought you would like confetti sprinkled around here this morning

Well ITS FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIDAY!!!! woohooooo!!!!
Off to work I go, hoping it all calms down a bit today! and I can visit D.a.D later!

Walking the girls this morning, got sunshine here today, and a gawjus weekend in the forecast.

sorry there are poorlies around, get well Eileen and Jenny and ofcourse Gorgeous Amber

Right, I will try to be well behaved today... and not be too norty! Happy Friday peeps!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Afternoon all.
The day is improving. not only am I now finished work for the weekend. I contacted that grass cutting woman and told her I wasn't happy. She is coming back free of charge at 4pm to do it properly while am here. Saves me doing it.

Then I have had a text from Charly. Ash is finishing work a bit earlier this evening so they are traveling here later today so they can stay 2 nights So I am prepared for lots of GSD hairs as Harley is moulting big time. Just hope they don't get held up in the awful traffic they did last time on the M25. Can't wait to see them.

Moyra sounds like it could be a kidney infection or cystitis. Hope the vet can make Amber feel better soon.

Jenny try taking a piriton. If the symptoms dissapear after about an hour you know its hayfever. that happened to me about 15 years ago. I ended up at the docs with a bad cold that lasted weeks. he said it was hayfever, I said it wasn't as I had never ever suffered with it. Anyway he told me to take a piriton and if the symptoms went then he was right. He was of course right.

Eileen hope you feel better soon.

Right I had better go and get ready for Charly, Ash and Harleys arrival as my house is a tip.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Just had a friend on regarding the Papillon that was attacked, very sadly she had to make the decision to let her go as she wasn't going to recover news on the numbnuts who has the dog that did it. He is denying it is his dog, the dog has been spirited away apparently. Don't know anymore as yet, but everyone knows that is his dog, and I am very sure the dog warden has made thorough investigations on that one.
Jenny you can get hay fever from never ever having it.
I started with it at just gone 40, it stayed around 10 years and disappeared, a few years ago I started with a very bad itchy rash and flu like symptoms. Turned out I had all of a sudden become allergic to those himalayan pink things that are everywhere. I was used to just walking through them on the way to the river, hence the rash was in my scalp and over my shoulders and arms. Took me a while to connect it all together, so back on hayfever tablets now, am hoping it will perhaps disappear again soon.
Right, must get going now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Afternoon everyone.
I have made extra cake.
Just been down the garden hosing the car off it made Dillon very silly and he has been haring up and down the garden like a loonie.

Those with colds wishing you well soon but as others have said it could be hay fever Gorden didn't get hay fever till he was in his late 30's.
Emma god luck for Sunday just in case I forget to mention it.
Moyra I hope Amber got on ok at the vet. Right better get the hoover out now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Sad news about the Papillion June.
Funny the dog has been spirited away if he wasn't worried it would still be around surely.
Shame for the poor dog as it is that that will pay the ultimate price not the numpty who owns it.
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »