View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2013, 06:23 PM
How very dare you all thinking of having a party without me.

Have been debating whether to stay away till the New Year. Then thought why should I. I had done nothing wrong.
I will say it did make me feel very down seeings as I was just beginning to feel better after a really awful year. So nuff said on that subject. Anyway putting it all behind me am not going to be run off the board so you lot are stuck with me.

Helena sorry you got stood up last night. There is a first time for everything I suppose.
Jen hope the sore fingers aren't so sore today.
June glad the puppies are settling in the pp and that you enjoyed your lunch out yesterday. I saw that your friends OH was going to sort your other bit and pieces out too.
I am sure to of missed some out so sorry.

We went Christmas shopping today and have done quite well. Monday I will be out for the last minute food bits and the booze.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
How very dare you all thinking of having a party without me.

Have been debating whether to stay away till the New Year. Then thought why should I. I had done nothing wrong.
I will say it did make me feel very down seeings as I was just beginning to feel better after a really awful year. So nuff said on that subject. Anyway putting it all behind me am not going to be run off the board so you lot are stuck with me.

Helena sorry you got stood up last night. There is a first time for everything I suppose.
Jen hope the sore fingers aren't so sore today.
June glad the puppies are settling in the pp and that you enjoyed your lunch out yesterday. I saw that your friends OH was going to sort your other bit and pieces out too.
I am sure to of missed some out so sorry.

We went Christmas shopping today and have done quite well. Monday I will be out for the last minute food bits and the booze.
It is SO lovely to see you Lynn
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
...[snip]...
Malka Did you not celebrate Christmas when you lived in the UK or is it just now that you are in Israel? You do I believe have many more festivals that we do.
No, I have never celebrated Christmas. I enjoyed seeing the Christmas tree in Brent Cross shopping centre after it opened, and the carol singers around it - also there used to be some good films on television, but no celebration.

We do have more Holy Days yes, but only one Festival - Hannuka - and even that is a normal working time. But we do not have any Bank Holidays as you do. Our "Bank Holidays" are actual days off as they are Holy Days.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Thank you DD.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Yay! Lynn is here My fingers aren't too bad but I can't use my thumb to get my iPhone to unlock as it doesn't recognise it anymore
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh no. Are you putting something on that that thumb ?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Malka I do understand to an extent what you mean, abit like when we first arrived here 9 yrs ago and all the Americans were celebrating Thanksgiving and it was a total non-event to us, we didn't have anything to do everything shut and it was a weird feeling.. NOT the same but I kind of understand.

one of my good friends is Jewish and they say Christmas Day is a great day to go see a movie as it is empty.. mind you it is just the 1 day over here.. and they also enjoy seeing everyone decorate their houses etc..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Hey Lynn welcome back (((((((((hugs)))))))))

Off to watch strictly now cos I'm seeing tiles in front of me eyes on this puter....did somebody say it was Christmas??? ENUFF! no more tiles until after Christmas, it's done my head in now.

Catch you all later, gotta run, just wanted to welcome you back Lynn.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Well Mabs is back in with the Clan, I handed out bones before for their tea and I had a dish of lamb mince for her, and she had disappeared with her bone, and never came out when I called her, she wasn't in the PP so she had gone in the big one, I knew it would take a few days and thank goodness they are all speaking to her again!!!
Pouring down here, went to bring the babies in after giving the kitchen a really good do, and couldn't believe how heavy the rain is. Horatio came tearing across the yard as soon as I called them, he is a very soggy Horatio so think he'd been playing out in it, bless him, the sense of a rocking horse
They've all had tea and we've had a little playtime, these babies love to be kissed and have raspberries blown on their tummies, and I've got piccies, batteries more or less out on the camera, so will replace batteries and then download. They've crashed out now and off into dreamland.
I've got the artificial tree up and it is rubbish got some lights for the window so they can go up tonight and then need to hoover stairs yet again because of all the vetbed thats drying over the bannisters and the doors upstairs, its like there's been a snowstorm!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 06:42 PM
A quick hello, and especially to Cath who nobody has noticed quietly sitting in the corner there! Cath. Monday night seems like a good choice for a party if you are game...........a few nibbles could be your contribution
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »