Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread .... Saturday

Morning all,

I must be the first up this morning . It's still dark and also very wet and windy outside but hopefully it will clear up later.
I had a lovely evening last night at a neighbour's party but do feel a little 'delicate' this morning

Nothing planned today other than wrapping presents and walking the dogs of course

I hope this morning finds you and your dogs all feeling well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Morning Jenny and everyone

I wish I could say the same Sally, but I got stood up last night for my neighbour's little do, but that's a good thing really, cos I was thinking of a way out of it, so she helped me out I'm sure she'll ring me before they set off on their holiday this morning to let me know what went on and why nobody came back to hers.

Oh the weather last night I think the SE got the worst of this lot, really strong winds and torrential rain and according to the forecast, it aint going anywhere today. I'm certainly not walking out in this, so Zena will have to wait until it clears up a bit.

Lorraine, I hope you're not hobbling around on that knee this morning. Remember I did that last week and I had to wear a wrap around it to walk, but it's all gone now, and I hope yours will be too. If it's bad, put one of those strong, stretchy support things around it, you've gotta protect knees cos you only get one pair and you need them.

Sally, I hope Jimmi's treatment of that pad has worked well, and he's a bit better this morning, poor little man can't have any walks again for a while, but then in this, I don't think he'd want to really.

Lynn, hope you're enjoying a lovely week-end with Gorden, maybe a little trip out to the garden centre for coffee is on the cards.

Jen, hope your fingers work this morning and aren't too painful. Talking of which, I juse did something as daft as you just now I reached down into Zena's food bin with one hand to grab some kibble, one of the china mugs I use (yeah I know, should be plastic!) had smashed against the other one, which resulted in me cutting half my little finger off right at the knuckle as I went to scoop food up! Boy that hurt and it spurted everywhere, couldn't find the plasters, and now I've had to chuck the rest of that bag away cos of the bits and blood in it. It was almost empty anyway.

Nothing planned here, cos I was expecting to be like you Jenny, but sadly, I'm feeling quite normal, so I'll probably be taking myself off to yet another tile warehouse today cos Dave and I have finally decided on what we actually want now, so that's a good start, even though it does mean standing there staring at walls again this morning

Enjoy your day everyone, better get those last minute bits if you have to cos you won't get near those shops next week
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Morning Jenny, H and all

It's very dark here. I couldn't beleive it was as late as it was! Shortest day today.

I am working all day today and tomorrow Santa, christmas trees etc.

I came home along the south downs way last night as a dog was missing, he had been lost all day, it was a very slim chance that he had gone out of the park in that direction. He ran off but had a harness and collar on, I hope he hasn't got caught up.

Have a good day all xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning Gerry, oh that's awful to hear about that lost dog there I do hope he's found soon or makes his way back home please let us know if you hear anything.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi Helena .... I'm Jenny not Sally but don't worry Tracy What a shame the drinks 'do' didn't happen ... there must be a genuine reason and no doubt you'll hear today what happened I did read about poor Jimmi and his paw, which is the last thing Sally needs with Christmas on the doorstep. Poor little Jimmi. Good luck sourcing the tiles for your bathroom ... what colour?
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning all. I'm still in bed and going on how dark, windy and rainy it is here I'm thinking it might stay that that way! I had to push Bandit out the back door to have a wee then all he did was sit on the doormat and whine pitifully.

Thumb and fingers have an interesting dented shiny patch on them from last nights cooking fiasco and they are a bit tender round the edges but tingly in the middle. I have located the Aloe Vera and I think I will be applying it liberally for a few days.

Got present wrapping to do today. I'm not very good at that and I only have double sided sticky tape... I can see this going badly wrong.

Hope you stop feeling so 'delicate' soon Jenny, it's the only problem with nights out. Get a decent breakfast in you that should help.

Have fun staring at walls today H, much less exiting that being a stripper, hey?

Hope lore is ok this morning, knees can be a real pain when you injure them. Lots if rest needed.

Sally I hope Jimmi's paw improves, poor boy
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Lol at you lot!
Dark and 'orrible here too, I dispute the fact that the SE got the worst of it Helena, the SW definitely did blimey frightening at times.
Morning Gerry, I hope that poor doggy has been found.
My neighbour popped in last night to wish us happy Christmas cos he is going away. So nice of him, just wish he had done it before 9-30
See ya later.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning

I have some last presents to get today and we are off to visit some friends to give them theirs. Then there's the house tidying to do - eurgh!

It's rotten outside. Stay warm everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 08:17 AM
LOL Jenny, I could understand that if I felt like you do this morning, but I didn't even have a drink last night Fancy doing that We've decided on the large, white brick tiles, but then the accent is going to be either mosaics in really blingy metallic with glassy bits and chrome bits, then a big chrome pencil border, OR, metallic tiles to do the big strip up the wall behind the taps and sink. I can't quite believe how I've managed to get Dave into this interior design thing, must be all that nagging he's gone through the past 18 months Enjoy your day Jen.

Morning Jen, that's normal with that skin on those fingers, mine are permanently like it now, nobody could take my fingerprints I can see I'm not gonna live this skeleton down on here am I, but I only did *private* shows, just for Dave Yes, my tile viewing is on a par with watching paint drying on those walls isn't it.

Morning Jen So you had it really bad down there too, and yes, my big window was whistling at me all night, it was scary to hear that wind bashing against it, and I can see some recycle bins blown over at the bottom of the front gardens here. Don't want any more of that do we Jen. Oh that's not good about the neighbours coming at that time of night???!!! Enjoy your busy day Jen.

Morning Linda, I expect you've got more Christmas activities on the cards for the children today, so enjoy yourselves.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Moet I hope that dog has been picked up ... what a nightmare for its owner. Good luck at work and I meant to ask a day or so ago how that litter of pups is doing?
Nippy Oooh that is quite late to pop in .... just as well you weren't in your jim-jams, fluffy slippers and rollers
Jen Lol to little Bandit crying on the doorsstep .... he's clearly not just a pretty face I hope your hand is heals quickly, burns can be so painful. Aloe vera should help.
Helena Those tiles sound lovely and those brick tiles are fab although do involve a lot more work what with all that grouting .... they do give a great effect though and as for the bling ..... It's made me wonder what OH and I will agree on for our ensuite.

I'm off to get dressed now before taking the dogs out, which I have to admit I'm not looking forward to and neither will they when they see how horrible it is outside.
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »