Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 05:44 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Friday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

I needed to be up early this morning but overslept, that's just typical isn't it. Got the bone cruncher at 9 am. so need to get out and get back to have a shower before I go, and I'm pushing it now.

Dave home tonight, he's had a very busy, hot week and said he was in trouble night before last, thinks he had heatstroke, kept having to shower every 15 mins cos his head was boiling up and yet he was cold Thankfully he slept it off, but didn't get into work yesterday till 11.30, which is unlike him so he must have been bad.

Got the plasterer coming early this morning to finish off this front wall, and I don't think I'll be going out at all today, I've done all the shopping.

Having a morning off from dogwalking tomorrow as Dave will take Zena and I will get up to the vans early. One of my guests is travelling home overnight to avoid the crowds and the heat, so I know at least I can get into that one at the crack of dawn.

Rang my best friend last night, oh boy, did we laugh, by the time I had to say goodbye, I was crying with laughter, and she'd given me gut's ache from laughing so much, it always happens with her Been a long time since I had a good belly laugh like that, I must remember to ring her more often, I left it too long this time. I'm hoping when she finishes work in August she'll have the time to pop over and stay a couple of nights again.

Gonna be another hot one today, hotter than ever they say, and next Monday is going to be unbearable down here from what they said on our forecast last night Oh Lordy, somebody make it rain, if only for a day.

Enjoy your day everyone, and if you're working I hope they've got the air con on
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Morning
Not been on here for a day or two, we've done nothing but hospital visit my father in law for the last few days, got a call Monday to say that we need to get to hospital as soon as we could as Norman was really ill we then stayed all day Tuesday and he finally lost the battle with stomach cancer on Wednesday. The only blessing being that he is no longer in pain.
Poor Rosie wondered where we've been going as we been leaving her for so long everyday but she's been so good and because its been so hot and she doesn't like it so much we've not taking her out till 9pm every night
Hope you all have a good day, whatever your doing xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

My dogs seems back to normal now .... getting up to mischief this morning by pulling a magazine off the kitchen table and starting to shred it while I was out of the room for a couple of minutes ..... but I was delighted (they didn't know ) 'cos it means they are well I'll be taking them out for a slightly longer walk shortly before it gets too hot. No breeze here today I've got an ENT appointment at hospital this morning so will pop in after walking the dogs and that.

Helena - So sorry to hear about Dave ... it must be so hot doing a manual job and then for him to be sleeping in a van which aren't exactly known for good insulation He's probably desperate to get back to his lovely home. Enjoy your walk and I hope your physio/osteo does wonders for you

Mandyuk - I'm so sorry to hear about your f-i-l and him losing his battle against cancer. (((hugs))). I bet Rosie is pleased to have you back at her beck and call Take care and I hope your OH is coping.

Off to walk the dogs now see you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Morning H and all,

I normally love the heat but even I am struggling now. I hate working in it its a killer especially when i am not feeling too good as well.

Have to do mums shopping today and then her housework. Then its off to work. The young lad is still off with his broken ankle so i am still covering his work and the person I also work with is off today as well so I have the whole 4 floors of the building to do all on my own and its so hot and stuffy in there.

Mandy so sorry to hear about your FIL.

Have a good day all and try to stay cool.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Morning Helena. Hope it goes well with the bone cruncher.
Poor Dave watch out it may be a rocky weekend.

Morning Mandy sorry to hear about your FIL.
Morning jenny good news about the boys being back up their naughty tricks.
Morning Bev what a nightmare time you have ahead of you today.

Gorden says oh no about Helena saying the temps are going to be even higher on Monday he has to go into London to do the paperwork for his new job.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Good morning Folks, I cannot believe it that they are saying temperatures are going to be even higher next week. Going to make history I believe. I do hope everyone is coping ok.

Lynn, I love the little bungalow but all three are nice.

Helena, hope all goes well with the bone cruncher and you get your place finished today.

Bev, I really do not know how you are coping doing the work of three people today especially when you are ill. Do take care of yourself.

jenny, so pleased the boys are back on form again, it has been quite a worry in the meantime.

Mandyuk - I'm so sorry to hear about your f-i-l and him losing his battle against cancer.

Malka, I hope you and Pereg had a good night, last night.

Have a good day everyone and try and stay cool. God bless.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Good Morning H and all

I don't like the sound of the Bone Cruncher H. I hope Dave is OK now, this heat is just too much!

I am so sorry that your Father in Law lost his fight with cancer Mandy.

So glad that your naughty dogs are fully recovered Jenny G.

Take care Bev, don't overdo it!

There is a lovely breeze here atm. I have to work this afternoon, and over the weekend, I hope it is cooler.

Take care everyone and have a good day.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Glad Dave recovered H. Tell him to be more careful in this weather. good luck with the bone cruncher

Mandy sorry to hear about your FiL, such a sad time

jenny, hahahaha, re boys!

Bev I feel for you working in this heat,, I really do.

Morning Lynn, Moyra, and Gerry, we have a bit of breeze too but it's still damn hot.

My G.daughter graduates today, I would love to go but they are only allowed 3 tickets and of course Mum, Dad and bfriend want to go. Probably as well it is in Wales and the thought of traveling there in this weather finishes me off. I will wait to see the pics.

Stay safe and cool everyone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2013, 08:08 AM

Nechda - good luck with the bone cruncher and I hope Dave is feeling better by the time he gets home so he can relax a bit.

Mandy - So sorry to hear about the sad loss of your FiL but at least he is now pain-free and at peace. (((hugs)))

Jenny - so glad to read that the boys are back to normal now! Good luck with the hospital appointment this morning.

Bev - I hope that the ABs are helping and that you are feeling better this morning but I do wish you did not have to work so hard all the time.

Lynn - on looking again I think I do rather like that bungalow although I do not know what put me off at first.

Moyra - Da Booga was good in the night and we both had the extra sleep, but that was only because they have not turned up, at least not here.

Gerry - I envy your breeze but I do not envy you working this afternoon and over the weekend - retirement is bliss!

- Right - the only sign of them so far was the smaller JCB appearing from down the road, the driver shooting into the macolet for something, then buzzing off down the road again as fast as he could.

I plonked up the ramp to test the stones and sand and have another look at the edge of the road, and there is no way I can get out. My whatever-it-is thingy would only cover part of the stones and sand, and if prodding with one of my crutches caused the stones to shift I can imagine what Xanadu's rear drive wheels would do. When I went on the sand not only did both my crutches sink in it but it left imprints of the soles of my Crocs toe-post sandals.

So, unless something is done in the next two or three hours that means I will be stuck in for the foreseeable future as there is no way I can heave myself to the macolet on my crutches - it was difficult enough just getting to the end of the ramp.

Malka is definitely not a very happy Malka this morning.

I do hope everyone else has a wonderful day and weekend to make up for my grumps!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi to Moetsmum and
Nippy Congratulations on your GD's achievement, shame you cannot be there in person but no doubt you will get a photograph of the happy occasion.
Malka, oh dear this really isn't good enough, is there anyway you can phone the firm and point out the dilemma they have left you in. Something will have to be done. Can Dave have a word with them for you?
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »