Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 07:14 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Well what a grim morning raining here. Still we missed the awful snow and have had a day of sunshine so got to be grateful (I suppose). I do wish Spring would hurry along though.

Today apart from walking Dillon and the hoover I am off to my friends for lunch. We normally meet at a little pub between Brentwood where I use to live and Harlow. Our birthdays are just under a month apart so we try to catch up to celebrate.
Today I am over to her house as she has just had a new bathroom suite in and she wants to show it off.
It will be non stop chatter as we haven't seen each other for few months and laughter we always manage a few tears and tears of laughter too.
We understand each other so well our lives seem to run on a similar parallel most of the time.

To all those feeling poorly get well soon.
Hope your day isn't quite so busy today Helena after the nasty surprise at the van yesterday.
June everything crossed the right home turns up for Ash really soon and hopefully news today and sorted at the weekend. If only someone would come to meet him I am sure they would not be able to say no to him and would take on the raw feeding just to have such a loving smart boy.

Have a safe Friday all and take care out there.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Morning lynne. Sounds like a GREAT day to me.

Many moons ago I lived in Brentwood for a while - Old Coach house just up from the Station. Also worked for the Ford Motor Co. legal dept in their huge building in the woods there - in the days when computers took up a whole room!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Morning Lynn and all

Have a lovely day out with your friend Lynn, it's just what you need atm.

It's a wet day here too, not raining atm but obviously has been overnight. I am hoping to dodge the showers when out with the dogs. It was such a lovely day yesterday too.

I missed what happened at the van yesterday H but got the gist of it at the end of yesterday's thread. What awful people, especially as you go over and above to make them welcome, it;s like a slap in the face. I would refuse to let them come again, even if I lost money (I can be like that lol)

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Lynn, Pat, Gerry and everyone

Lynn, today sounds just the ticket for a good old laugh with that friend of yours, and I hope the lunch is good too. Pat, don't plan anything for today cos you know what happens
Gerry, enjoy your walk with the boys. No, I won't be having them back, they've got a black mark against their name in my file now.

Dave's got cars on his mind again This time it's the X5 bimmer but an older one, got to be diesel cos the petrol is a gas guzzler. He's paid the deposit on the van, so that's all sorted. Still got trouble at mill but nothing new there.

Off with Zena now up on the top. It's dry atm, but rain forecast but we want that cos there's still heaps of old snow lying around. I've only just realised my neighbour's kids cleared all my steps for me the other afternoon, so I'm going off to Asda to buy them a nice cake for their efforts Bless 'em!

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Many moons ago I lived in Brentwood for a while - Old Coach house just up from the Station. Also worked for the Ford Motor Co. legal dept in their huge building in the woods there - in the days when computers took up a whole room!
Morning Pat we lived by the station when first married.
Fords still there. More developed now though housing estate and the home where mum is.
Funny that when I first started work at the the Stockbrokers we had a whole ground floor room just for the servers for the computers. Same in the 80's for the insurance company I worked for. You could of got lost or played hide and seek.
I hope your day is less stressful today and you can sit at your nice patio table.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn and all

Have a lovely day out with your friend Lynn, it's just what you need atm.

It's a wet day here too, not raining atm but obviously has been overnight. I am hoping to dodge the showers when out with the dogs. It was such a lovely day yesterday too.

I missed what happened at the van yesterday H but got the gist of it at the end of yesterday's thread. What awful people, especially as you go over and above to make them welcome, it;s like a slap in the face. I would refuse to let them come again, even if I lost money (I can be like that lol)

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri good luck dodging the showers.
You are right I do need today it always perks me up meeting up with Julie.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning Lynn,Morning all

Raining here,

I have had daggers again off Meg this morning,I have to drop her at the vets in an hour or so,

I have loads of washing again Luke was poorly yesterday,was sick everywhere.
Tom came back from school and was really unwell so whipped him down the Dr's,he has the flu and then Lizzie came home complaining of a sore throat,so we are a bug house at the moment

Nothing planned apart from chores while waiting for the vets to call,

Have a good day all xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Morning lynn and all,

Raining here too and I saw on the forecast last night its going to get colder again next week and more snow. I have really had enough of it now. We need some really warm sunshine so we can peel off those coats and jumpers and lift all our spirits.

I have walked Lily this morning, and been to Tesco to do mums shopping, so about 9am I will be leaving for hers to take it over and do her housework and then back to walk Lily and off to work.

Things still in a huge turmoil here with recent events, but I can't say anymore publicly.

Today sounds just the tonic you need Lynn to take your mind off everything recently.

Sorry to hear you had problems at the van yesterday H. I have missed what happened, but will try and catch up with it all later.

Hope you all have a good day and take care.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Noticeably milder here this morning but raining ..... I guess we can't have it all.

Lynn I hope you have a lovely lunch with your friend and I do believe that a good natter and laugh will help recharge your batteries.

Hi Pat, Moet and Helena and I hope you all enjoy your dogs walks today.

I'm off to buy a paper now in the hope that the rain will ease off by the time I'm back making my dog walk more pleasant.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2013, 08:34 AM

Just had another power cut - how come they always manage it on a Friday morning when everyone is madly cooking for the Sabbath. I was not sure whether it was just me so let myself into my neighbour's bungalow as my main fusebox is with hers, then could not lock her door. Panic as it is a security door and I just could not get the key to turn. No idea which brother she is staying with this w/e but just as I was going to phone her on her mobile I managed to get the door locked. Think it needs some oil in the lock.

Anyhow, power was off everywhere but eventually came back [well I would not be using my computer with no power, would I ]

Lynn - I hope you have a really lovely day with your friend.

Sal - fingers crossed for Meg and I hope all the poorlies in your house recover quickly.

Bev - I do hope that everything works out for the best with all that turmoil.

Nechda - how nice of your neighbour's kids to have cleared your steps!

Everyone else - hope you are all OK.

Not complaining but I thought the weather was supposed to have eased off but the sharav is back with a vengeance and I am fed up of breathing in sand and dust. But I will not tell you the temperature as I am too nice to do that to you all!

Anyhow, I am putting Pereg up for auction so anyone who does not mind having to get up during the night to let the booger out can have her. Actually forget the auction, it will be more like FTAGH.

Hope everyone keeps dry/warm/safe, whatever you have planned.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Morning Lynn Hope you are ok.

Not been on here for a whilse so thought I would catch up on some news.

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Pat, I grew up on that council estate by Fords at Warley, those funny white coloured houses My family all still live in Brentwood and Hutton

Have a good day all
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »