Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2008, 05:08 PM

Attention any other Mac users!

I'm looking for a DVD rewriter that will work with a Mac, as follows........

Model: Power Mac G5, dual 1.8 GHz G5 Processors
Op Sys: Mac OSX v 10.4.6
USB appears to be 1.0
DVD Region 2

If anyone can help/advise, please PM me - ta very beaucoup!

Snorri

P.S. I have Roxio Toast 7 Titanium installed as software: it will do both CDs and DVDs.
Rewriter will be external,preferably.

S
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2008, 02:00 PM
As you know Macs can be hard ton replace the bits for so this is from the mac site

http://www.macupgrades.co.uk/store/p...products_id=33.

Even though it is a IDE drive and these are alot cheaper for a pc but i wouldn't like to guess if they were compatable with a mac
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2008, 03:06 PM
It seems to be compatible with my G5, but my problem would be with installing it, which is why I was looking for an external drive - not only am I a hamhanded geek, but I can't move about the way I'd need to

However, thank you very much for taking the time and trouble. Someone on another website asked me why I wanted to replace the built-in DVD writer: the answer is "Because there isn't one!" It's a pity, because it reads DVDs well, it rewrites CDs very well and the software (Toast 7 Titanium) will do both

Snorri
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2008, 04:03 PM
If you can use a screw driver then you'll be able to change out a dvd drive the image below is the IDE cable that will be in the back the one next to it is the power these can

ONLY fitted one way so their is no risk of connecting it wrong. Depending on how many screws are securing the dvd drive in the pc could be 4 or less 2 each side of the dvd drive + the screws that keep your case together so that is about 6 screws to remove and then put in.

It's not hard at all