Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 08:01 AM

Sunday, 26 February

Good morning everyone. Is the terrible weather finally behind us? I hope so. Had another rough night.

Hope you are all well,
Have a good day, take care, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Wet underfoot but dry from the sky. Sun shining and a gentle breeze hoping to get washing on the line for a while today.

We rescued a cockatiel yesterday in Wisbech. We heard this whistling noise and thought it was a child with an irritating toy whistle. then I saw this cockatiel running up and down along a wall of a pub. I put my finger out and it pecked me so we waited while a lady who had seen it flying over the road to where we were popped to the pet shop who gave her a box and some gloves and a small net.
We managed to gt it in the box took it to the pet shop they popped it in a a cage and were going to put a notice in the window. It was very cold and wet poor thing.
Apart from that just the usual sort of Saturday not much going on today either.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope you can get some rest during the day Moyra.

Well done to you and Gordon rescuing the little bird. Hope his owner is soon found.

Dull and damp here this morning but have managed to get Teazle walked. Off to Brighton today to move son into his flat and take my laptop in to be looked at.

Hope everyone is keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Morning everyone,
Hope you manage to get some rest later Moyra
That's lovely Lynn, that you and Gordon rescued the cockatiel. Hope it's owner finds him
Sue good luck with your sons move.

We had my brother & sis in law over yesterday, they came for tea. It was good fun.
Going to take Rosie out later, looks cold & grey at the moment.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Sue where are you going with your laptop. Have you booked a time to see them? Morning all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 09:50 AM
Yes appointment just before noon at the Apple store in Churchill Square. I learnt years ago you can't just turn up Thanks for your thought Brenda.

Pleased you enjoyed your day yesterday Mandy and have a good rest today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 10:30 AM
hi all,
Awww poor little cockatiel, hope it's owner is found
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 02:46 PM
Hope you get some joy then Sue. Hi all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Back from training with Zen, she has been a total star again. I so lucky with her on that score. Whisper it....she hasn't eaten anything she shouldn't for a while either, maybe we are at long last through her 'woodworm' stage and she is going to spend the rest of her life behaving herself,stranger things have happened
Hoping the cockatiel finds its family again, or rather the family find where it is. It was lucky you were there to help it, Lynn.
Sue has your son moved back into his flat or is it still a mess, you will love your lie ins if he is able to go back after all this time. Will you get a replacement laptop do you think or will they take it and repair it.
Sorry you're not so good at the moment, Moyra, is it your kidneys, really hoping you get an appointment very soon now.
Griff, how is your neighbour doing
Been dry today, but rain has come in, got the girls sorted out already and had a sit down with a brew and a cream cake I promised myself. Washer is on, girls veg for their brekkies is done, and they have massive chicken carcass for tea, so I am well ahead of myself. All I have to do is hand the carcass out to everyone, bring Mabs in when she has finished hers and then I am done for a few hours.Really need to get to grips with the ironing, I have been putting it off and its mounting up, I had every good intention of doing it last night when the TV was good, but it never happened.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2017, 07:49 PM
You must be very pleased with Zen and how she has developed and she now seems to have overcome her worry of strangers.

Well they tried a couple things to resurrect my laptop but all failed. Said there is no sign of trauma or damage from spilt drink (no there isnt I am very careful) They are going to to a deep investigation and let me know in a couple of days of progress. Fortunately it is still under warranty so if unrepairable they will have to replace it.

Son moved back in today June. We have spent the afternoon cleaning. Bedroom is now back in one piece and all kitchen cupboards thoroughly cleaned and things put away in them. Also cleaned the dust in the bathroom so he only has to put his things in there. Left him to sort out his clothes he had taken back and then clean his desk so he can work tomorrow. Done the snagging list and he will tell them tomorrow of our findings, nothing too bad but one of the cupboard doors has been chipped at the very top an looks like it will break away so they will have to replace it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >