Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 10:11 AM

Wii help

Kids have been playing on Wii for the past week, no problems, switched it on today and when you point the handset at the sensor bar the movements are jerky and erratic, we've tested the sensitivity of the handset, checking the white dots in the box etc. and it's fine, batteries are fully charged too.

Any suggestions please?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Just asked my 10yr old and all he could suggest was to check the sensor bar is in the correct place and straight on........sorry
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Yes sensor bar is still in the same place......do you know you don't actually need the sensor bar, it works without it. Just can't understand why yesterday it was fine, and today it has a mind of it's own, even the Wii fit board doesn't work, just hope the Wii itself hasn't died, we bought it July last year, so fingers crossed it's still under warranty if it is faulty.

I'm going to unplug it and leave it for a couple of hours, then reset see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion LH.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 02:14 PM
No suggestions from here but have you tried googling it?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Found this, it may help.....

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys.../wiiremote.jsp
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 06:44 PM
If you can't find the problem, just get a new sensor bar. I had problems with mine and replaced it. £10 off Amazon.co.uk and no problems thus so far.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If you can't find the problem, just get a new sensor bar. I had problems with mine and replaced it. £10 off Amazon.co.uk and no problems thus so far.
It's not the sensor bar, my sister has a Wii too so we plugged ours into hers and it worked fine, plus like I said you don't need the sensor bar only when it's dark, and the movement is still really erratic. Will have to find the receipt, it's only 7 months old.