Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:34 AM

The difference in peoples attitudes

Today it is pouring with rain and really miserable out. Of course, living in a flat we still have to go out, much to Luisa's disgust. Now nobody batted an eyelid when I had Rupert out walking in the rain. Twice today I've been told I shouldn't have "that poor little dog" out in the rain I pointed out that she needed to come out to pee and for exercise and was told to use pee pads!

Obviously I am not going to take this "advice" and it doesn't really bother me. I just find it curious that these same people never said a word about Rupe being out in the rain yet think it mean to take Luisa out in it. Anyone else experienced the same sort of thing?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:38 AM
people dont really talk to me on dog walks, they actually cross the road - which makes me quite angry as phoebe isnt a monster.

i also have no garden and we go on a walk whatever the weather 4 times a day
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:41 AM
The way I handle any of the dogs (in terms of training, not physical handling) is criticised - is it really that bad that I want some good manners from them? So I know where you're coming from.

Poor Luisa though - you mean person!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I get it a lot with having tiny dogs!
I'm so cruel as I take them out in the rain, also they don't have a 'bag' that I could carry them in! Bad mummy!
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:46 AM
we do yes!!! we have two papillons who look miserable and dejected when out in the rain and we do have people telling us we are cruel, however those same people dont tend to approach us when we have dim our dobermann with us!!!
we do tend to do much shorter walks for the paps when it is wet purely because they just dont enjoy it, and dim cowers when there is heavy rain so we again shorter walks for him too!!!!! yes we have pansies i agree!!!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I have had people who think I am mad for going out in the rain, ie me myself, but not the dogs - as mine are all working breeds.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Kestral is the same size as Luisa but I don't get any comments. Perhaps she looks like she was built for cold harsh weather. I think the other reason is that no one braves the rubbish weather, so there's no one to comment
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I'd be tempted to take the p - look horrified, look at Luisa, scream "Oh no, she's melllllllltinggggg" and snatch her up before running indoors
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I'd be tempted to take the p - look horrified, look at Luisa, scream "Oh no, she's melllllllltinggggg" and snatch her up before running indoors
I have to admit, that's very tempting.

It's never occurred to me to treat Luisa any differently to any of the others I've had. Yeah, she's quite a lot smaller than any of them but she's still a dog. She's not a special little snowflake who will melt if she gets wet or muddy or if the wind blows on her. Neither am I for that matter
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Hmm, I've never had that. Strange people. Last time I checked a bit of rain never killed either a dog or person.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >