Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Swisbey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2007, 09:39 AM

HELP HELP HELP please with best product to stop pulling

After 8 weeks of rest (if bouncing off the back of chairs can be called rest) Shan is now allowed to start a walking programme. She's been recovering from tendonitis.

I know she is going to charge off like a train. The bad tendon was on her front left shoulder so I need a good product to stop her pulling. I had a halti when Libby was a baby but Shan has a little head (sort of JRT size) and I think she will go mental with something on her head.

Any help would be gratefully received. The sooner I can get something, the sooner we can start to walk. Don't think harnesses will help as she will get her shoulder down and pull! Thanks.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2007, 09:53 AM
I think dogmatics are the best, I tried halti and first of all it was all bunched up by their eyes, and secondly they destroyed them in the fastest time possible. The dogmatics have loads of different sizes and fit snugly around the nose.
Mine aren't over the moon over them (maybe because they stop them pulling) but know that they either wear them and go out, or we go nowhere!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2007, 10:14 AM
I have just ordered a dogmatic,I am using the halti at the moment and Ollie is not impressed and the first time I tried it I gave up but 4 days ago I decided enough is enough and persevered with him,he is constantly rubbing up my legs or along the ground he is slowly getting use to it.I have heard a few people recommend dogmatics so thats why I have ordered one if he has to wear a head collar better it be a comfortable one.Good luck can't think of anything else if you say he has a bad shoulder a harness might not be the best thing.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Not sure what kind of dog Shan is.. but you could try a canny collar or a Lupi harness (they lift the front so they can't pull)
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi My answer is the same as Tawneywolf tried the Halti but it rode up into the eyes. Now use the Dogmatic with success though the dogs are not too happy and still try to get it off by rubbing up against you, but it does stop them pulling.