Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have learnt in the nearly 4 years living here things are very different to where I was brought up. It's almost like old country ways.
Everyone in the village knows her and looks out for her
You may recall that Casey 'escaped' last year (twice), both times people nearby brought him back, they knew where he lived even 'tho they hadn't met or ever spoken to us Generally speaking people are orientated to the rural life here. We are so lucky that the people behind us will be having horses (and chickens) and now that neanderthal man has snuffed it things are looking up. We still have a busy A road outside but apart from morning and evening 'rush' hours it's not too bad.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They complain about the horse poo on the roads for instance. If they don't like it, why move round here where there are half a dozen farms with stabling and grazing, cows, sheep and chickens about.
Same thing with Knettishal Heath, last year it somehow got featured in the Sunday Times, for weeks after that we had all sorts wandering around there, met two adult males, when they saw Casey & Rianna one said "Oh we don't like dogs" so why come to an area where every dog owner for 20 miles walks their dogs, some people grrrrrrrrr

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He soon discovered a neighbour had a cockerel he did offer to buy it a house so it didn't wake him in the morning at 4-5 am in the Summer but the old boy refused so he reported it and the cockerel had to go.
Then the birds woke him we use to laugh and said how do they bother you after you have moved from a busy road in London.
For me there is nothing better than listening to the birds in the early morning, much prefer that to traffic noise. In our previous life we had tractors, one in the morning and the same one going home at night. Didn't mind that either, but once a year for about two weeks we had tankers taking waste from a nearby village septic tanks, they must have been on bonus rates 'cos they used to drive the lorries like maniacs and the noise annoyed me intensely, but after two weeks they were gone and peace descended again on our isolated little farm.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2017, 09:20 PM
I have decided that a percentage of the human race are just bizarre...if you move to a rural area there are going to be smells and noises.. Duh!!! I moved to ingoldmells from Coventry, I lived right opposite fantasy island...in the summer all I could hear was screaming kids on the rides from morning until about 11pm..never bothered me as I had moved to that situation...I did get a bit narked being woken every morning at 7am by the Jackson 5 rock in robin lol...that was the next caravan to us
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4