register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2017, 04:01 PM
I'm lucky where I live as well, Harvey. Don't blame you looking for something nicer, Moyra, you've had your fill of a grabbing landlady and now this is one straw too many.
Been on the bone run, but not that many. Will keep me going till next Tuesday though.
Nice and dry today, not that warm, had a good clean up when I got home as bins tomorrow so all rubbish needs to be found, bagged and binned.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Hope the computer has decided to move a bit faster Harvey. Forgot to say thank you for the offer of looking your way when we manage to sell this end.
While we have Dillon we would prefer to stay within easy driving distance of our vet as we could not be happier with them.
So my intention of moving nearer to Essex is out of the question this time around and possibly at all as I am really hoping this move will be the last one for us.
Shame the bone run was a small one again June.
griff glad you are able to hand over the Steve problem to mum and dad. Hope the foot is feeling better.
Wonder if Barry's ears are still ringing ??

Mark and Lauren still out viewing houses to rent still one to see. he got a call from donna earlier Joel has popped his hip again playing badminton.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
While we have Dillon we would prefer to stay within easy driving distance of our vet as we could not be happier with them.
There's lots of choice to the South East of you, I can see why you would want to stick with your vets, we haven't been so lucky here. I have to ring them tomorrow about Casey's medication (He needs another prescription for the Cardisure) and I want to talk to the same vet as before but they seem to change staff so often there is no continuity, will update after I speak to them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
bloomin dex is driving me nuts...keeps asking for food all the time!!
Well it's a simple rule but (assuming he hasn't got worms) I would say that's a good sign.

As they get older they sometimes loose their appetite and Dex is (If I remember correctly) a real 'old boy' now.

Go on, indulge him, may I suggest a tin of sardines
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
My Ruby Beauty raspberry is doing well. I cut it right back in January and it is now quite busy. As I too have a blackberry picking demon I have made up a cage for it and as its in a pot on the patio it wasn't too difficult.
That will help keep the birds off as well. Ordered mine to day and it will also go in a pot since the area I want to use for rasberries is not prepared and will likely take me the best part of this summer to dig and remove weeds especially the dreaded Ivy which is all over the place here.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Well, computer appears to have resumed its normal speed so my guess about 'maintenance work' somewhere maybe correct, see what happens tomorrow.

Casey wandered off into the Carrot field today, right in the middle was a dead something (probably a bird) luckily it had already provided dinner for others so all he had was a few dry bones which he crunched and swallowed He'll probably have a bit of diareagh (Sp?) tomorrow He'll never learn

So good night all, see you tomorrow
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2017, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol...oh yeah harvey, if it doesn't work right..deffo hit it with a hammer Lol
bloomin dex is driving me nuts...keeps asking for food all the time!! i am getting him a wormer next week...well actually the dogs can be advocated and the cat can get a wormer..if i feel brave lol
Other than the worm thought, I wonder if Dex being a old gent is a bit senile I ask as old cat Cleo (24+) ate then straight away forget she had eaten and would have eaten 23 hours a day if allowed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Mark and Lauren still out viewing houses to rent still one to see. he got a call from donna earlier Joel has popped his hip again playing badminton.
Oouch poor old Joel is he at home or hospital? Hope they find a place to rent, make life much easier for all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Yes Harvey and kazz, dex is 19..nobody expected him to last this long..he is on activait as I suspect him to be a bit dotty so he could be forgetting he has ate!!! I will! Induklge him
Went out for beer, had to stop half cut to puck up a runaway yorkie who ius now safely home with his dad...polishing my Halo as we speak!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2017, 11:17 PM
You are sounding a bit more like Griff, you may be subconsciously relieved your mum and dad are dealing with the Steve situation, weight off your mind I think.
Supervet was upsetting tonight as there was a beautiful Leonberger with bone cancer, they didn't think it had spread, he cut the tumour out and put the metal implant in, then on check up they found more in her lungs and he gave her 4 months
Was thinking of Timba, her tumour hasn't changed, so she must have had the placebo. I think it will be too late by the time she gets the real stuff. Nothing can be done for Cariad anyway, and I'm sort of accepting it one minute and crying the next. She has become a bit more clingy recently. Mabs still coming in at bedtime to be with her, and making sure Zen doesn't push her luck when she is outside in the day.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2