Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2017, 04:25 PM
Afternoon all.

Griff I shall say nothing more than Karma........

Tawney My Sal went off the honey too, although had it for years I wonder if their taste buds change, I found it easier to stick a it on her toast. Or a slice of bread or similar. She ate it then.

Moyra Well done you for figuring it and being happy and confirdent enough to try to repair.

Sue do you think there is a chance he will move into this flat.........LOL

Lynn You are starting to sound much happier about living there maybe the positive moves have gone own well with your mental health. Which is brilliant and good neighbours are actually a big consideration in where you live.

Tumbleweed Good saving on the camera bag, and Ohhh jealous here,
I want a Karcher foam nozzle and bottle. in fact may splash out.....choices choices......

To everyone have a good evening, think one of my honey Gourmai (tropical fish) is on her way out...........she is at least sort of 5 years old I think could be 4. But eating and swimming not looking ill just older so leaving her as she is.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2017, 04:30 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Karcher-Sn...gAAOSw-jhT~H32

Kazz these is the best deal I could find

Tamrac Stratus 21 Professional Camera Bag

Just received this bag from park cameras very fast delivery as next day (normal delivery service). It came well packed in big cardboard box with a load of protection around it. The product itself I would classify more of a " go to " bag than a carry about bag one. Having just put in the D800 camera -24-70 and 80-400 lenses - SB900 flashgun plus my camcorder has not even filled it. So with everything else in it like batteries chargers second camera and the like the weight makes me think along the lines of taking somewhere and using it as a base for camera gear on site. For me unless going on holiday my main use would be for back of car storage and getting what I need from there into a smaller bag.
Seeing photos of it I did wonder how adaptable the dividers were inside but in reality no problem. My other concern was if it was tall enough to take long lenses standing upright. Having stood the Nikon 80-400 lens upright in it there is still plenty of space so when closedt he top is not pressing down on it.
Best way of using it is to separate the camera from the lens , it will take my camera and 70-200 lens longways together but does tend to stop the alongside compartments from being used if the lens has the hood on it
Plenty of pocket space but no rain cover.

I did also look at the Tamrac Stratus 15 but got put off by seeing a video which said the 70-200mm lens pushes against the top inside so worried if could get damages. Also looked at the Mantona New York bag at half the price but the dividers appeared not to be so adaptable. yes I debate for several days but already having a Tamrac System 6 for many years I know it will take a lot of hard wear. yes I did even consider a roller bag but worried about it going over rough surfaces with the contents getting bashed about. Just one oter consideration was will it be allowed in a plane cabin and as far as I can tell it will be allowed but weight inside ?????

As I said I have only just got this bag within the last hour or so and these are my first impressions. park cameras offering 20% off at the moment on list price so I grabbed one
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Kazz,she has the honey on her food,and so does Lona, but give her the spoon to lick as well. She's fine today, Zen is getting a good telling off about every half hour at the moment, I thought the walk in the woods and onto the country park would have had her sleeping all afternoon, but she's pushing someone's buttons and they won't stand for it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Hello one and all.
Well done Moyra getting the pc sorted maybe gorilla glue ? Or not to get the switch mended.
June hoping Cariad has eaten better today and glad the girls met some nice dogs to play with.
Good job that man was there to help with the old cabinet.
griff do hope he hasn't changed his number and that you are not going to have to have a terrible job getting the money back. Doesn't sound good though does it.
Barry enjoy the camera bag.
Kazz making a positive start on getting the house ship shape for selling has perked me up no end and that Gorden is semi retiring in July. He will work 3 days a week in London from September. If a full time job came up this way he would apply and take it if offered but the way things have been in the past 4 years we think that is highly unlikely. So for us to get back on track we made the decision to be financially worse off each month disposable income to try and mend the rift that seems to of happened between us with him working away all week.

Went shopping while Gorden put shelves up well still putting them up he is on the last one. 4.
We took Dillon to Shouldham warren today which he enjoyed and chased a squirrel. We also saw some Muntjac and pheasants all of which he didn't see to chase. We do not like him chasing deer not that he ever has done.
Driving back from shopping I saw the kestrel I think it is that hangs around on our telephone lines fly across the river in front of the car. It was hunting down a little bird. Out of the corner of my eye I saw it got it. Sad but nature I suppose and all feeding females on the nest i suppose by now.
Never seen it happen before won't be sorry if I don't see it again.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Lynn
yes it is upsetting, we used to have sparrow hawks flying through our orchard at the kennels getting at the birds on the feeders
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Kazz, sorry to hear about your fish...yeah, I hope karma gets him...people like him get away with murder though don't they?
Lynn, awww poor bird...i scared one off that had my collared dove
TW, Zen is a little minx isn't she? Lol
Tumbleweed bargain
It doesn't bode well for me getting the money back...wondering if I could go to small claims but have no paperwork...need to back up my texts but don't know how to get them off my phone on to compuer...did my whatsapp conversation with him...i don't want to have to get my dad to help me sort it out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Ok guys still some tinkering to do and snagging but this is the kitchen.
Will have to do a couple of posts I think to get all photos on.

Larder in alcove next to new bathroom.

Bathroom wall now papered by Mark. Door painted by Gorden.

Splashback excuse box in window.

New shelves still another smaller one to go up trying to decide where to put it.

Splashback behind cooker.

Also washing machine and dishwasher now in kitchen either side of the sink.

Also managed to get the photos in one post.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170413_190950120.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	5518   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170413_191009876.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	5519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170413_191021683_HDR.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	5520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170413_191043336.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	5521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170413_191036856.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	5522  

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2017, 07:08 PM
oooo Lynn, that is looking terrific...really really well done
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2017, 07:11 PM
Thanks griff we are pleased with it. Needs some tweaking still as we live with it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Oh Lynn, its looking wonderful already. Now Gorden is going to be home a bit more then you'll really get everything sorted and find your idealplace
Griff, am hoping that he hasn't changed his number,it sounds a real nightmare to be involved in.If his car isn't there then he's off out somewhere or other, unless he's back at work of course
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >