register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Cariad was quite happy to come back in this morning, she hates gertting wet and the minute she didnt get out of the rain I knew,on top of being sick, things weren't right. I always put Manuka honey in her and Lonas breakfast and she licks the spoon, last night she wasn't really wanting to do that, then faffing about eating the apple, signs are ominous added up.
Yeah Griff, you would have been successful if things had gone differently, passing exams and a high powered office job aren't always true indicators of success.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 11:29 AM
It really is so very sad TW...it's the part of having animals that i hate...i can deal with anything life throws at me but losing a loved furry family member proper finishes me
I won't ever know how life would have been but i like to thing i would have made a right good go of things, i don't regret anything in my life...things happen for a reason, it's just sometimes that reason isn't very clear to me...had i not wrecked my knee i was all set for the army when i finished my exams at college, that would have been interesting!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Do hope it is something cheap and ready to repair Moyra.

Fingers crossed it is only a blip with Cariad June. As Griff said it's the worst part owning a pet. Thanks for correcting Barry I am always telling him is spelling and grammar and not good

Hope your weekend is better than you think it will be Griff.

Been busy again this morning. Teazle walked, been in the loft and put Christmas decs and suite cases up and puled down dust sheets and old accounts whilst up there. Have built my Teazle proof caging for the raspberries and also started to shred the accounts but the shredder is having a rest as it over heated

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 01:10 PM
swept the stairs and hoovered through downstairs...knackered now lol
Sue, my shredder goes for about 15 minutes and then decides it's had enough and seems to take forever to get going again...bit like me, a 15 minute burst and i am done Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Cariad hasn't wanted her bone for lunch, just sniffed and left it. She has eaten a piece of cheese though,so its just odd things she is going off. However not wonderful really is it.
Timba's mum just rung me, on her way to Leahurst to collect
her after the first round of treatment with this wonder drug.
Taken Cariad a quick walk, raining here, but it died off for a while, so got her out and back before it started again.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Aww TW, could she just be having an off day??...if she is eating anything at all that's good though right? i know she is fed raw but a tip from my vet was that when animals are feeling a bit off, warming the food in a microwave can help and for some odd reason really stinky stuff is brilliant...i had to heat stinky sardines for Dexter cat when he was ill, i was retching in the kitchen...oh and cat food too ewwwwww that really was revolting.
I hope your friends dog does really well on the new treatment
Just rung my consultants secretary to see if she has done the referral for my scan...yep, getting that and an ultrasound and they are sticking a needle into the lump on my foot...gosh i am so lucky Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Oh a date for your diary then Griff. Timba on her way home from Leahurst,apparently she may or may not have been given the drug, could have had the placebo, if the tumour hasn't started dying off in the next couple of days, then she's had the placebo, if that is the case then she can have the real thing in 28 days. What I didn't say when I heard this was, that the cancer she has is very fast and if she goes to the next stage then she can't have the drug anyway. Don't want to upset anyone anymore than they are. She rang me before and asked how Cariad was (I've not said anything because things are bad enough with Timba) and I told her, so she is upset for Cariad now, but nothing on offer for Cariad, there is for Timba, so she has to try for her.
Cariad asleep at my feet, keeping them warm.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Lol..yeah TW, something exciting for me to look forward too, will make sure my toenails are painted a very pretty colour Lol, they are currently a very fetching purple shade
Well, i would hope that as timba's tumour is fast growing that she would have been given the real drug...i am sure they wouldn't risk her life...does your friend have to pay for this treatment? i am just curious as if you were paying and your dog had been given the placebo i don't think you would be too chuffed!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2017, 03:53 PM
No its a clinical trial so its free, but still I am hoping she has been given the real thing, not going to say anything, obviously but that what was leapt into my head when she sent me over the paperwork to see. If there was something like that available for Cariad then I would feel I would have to try for her. Anyway, its academic, hers is high grade and too far gone, as is shown by the reappearance of the lumps around the op site within a couple of weeks.
Make sure the toenails are especially bright and cheerful
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
and stuck my head Inside to undo the tap nut and replace it.
You must be a lot slimmer and have longer arms than me Barry

I usually end up with my head in the water butt and my legs dangling out of the top

And SWMBO is never around to rescue me
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >